Ever done something and thought, "Wow I'm dumb"?

Options

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I've locked myself out more than once... twice... as a result I'm OCD about keys. i have to see them in my hands before closing any doors :blushing:
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Went to a doctor's office once and kept pushing and pushing on the door. It would not budge! Tried the other side, same problem. With it's huge glass windows, I could see people inside, so I knew it was open. It took me a few minutes to realize what was wrong. PULL, not PUSH the door open.
    Duh.
  • peniculala
    peniculala Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just today I asked my 4 year old twins what they wanted for dinner. Of course they both wanted different things AFTER I told them that blueberries were dessert, not dinner! I should know that you just make dinner for four year olds, not ask them what they want! How silly (read dumb) is that?
  • missinesita
    missinesita Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I usually google spellcheck "recommend" EVERY FREAKING TIME I write it on MFP-
  • peniculala
    peniculala Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Went to a doctor's office once and kept pushing and pushing on the door. It would not budge! Tried the other side, same problem. With it's huge glass windows, I could see people inside, so I knew it was open. It took me a few minutes to realize what was wrong. PULL, not PUSH the door open.
    Duh.

As a teenager, I got "stuck" in a bathroom on a bus for the exact same reason. When I came out I sure got strange looks!
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Yes.

When I ordered a prostitute and a pizza at the same time and I got them confused.
  • workoutdood
    workoutdood Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    No, I've never done anything like that in my life.

I'm not some sort of retard....
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I keep losing my earphones. So when I came home for the summer, I bought a new one for the plane ride. When I got home, I was switching purses, so I unzipped my other purse and found my barely used earphone in there. And I have another one in my cheerleading bag lol. I seriously cannot live without them!
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    less than 30 minutes ago I put my glasses on then realized I left my contacts in :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Yes lol. A favourite story of mine is when I found out what "surround sound" actually meant. I just kind of accepted the term and never really thought about it until one day I was vacuuming my basement shortly after having a new sound system installed. I knocked over a random speaker and thought "oh, that's a weird place for a speaker to be"... it happened twice more before and my thought process was "why are there speakers surrounding... OHHH!" -___- bahahaha. I'm special.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Ya, walking down the aisle! *smh* :huh:
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    No, I've never done anything like that in my life.

I'm not some sort of retard....

:noway:
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You jus godda do dumb sh% every once in a while. Like putting a scoop of protein in your mouth then a glass of milk and trying to mouth mix dumb sht

:laugh: ewwwwww?
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    One morning I awoke a zombie. Went to make my protein drink. Got a jug of filtered
    water to pour in the glass, but I was aiming for my open jar of protein powder, which
    I forgot to place the lid back on.Luckily I snapped out if it before I poured any liquid in!
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    All day, every day. I'm a regular rider on the strugglebus.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm trying not to (I do this way too much---then again I grew up with sisters who constantly made fun of me--esp. "You don't know that?! You're SO DUMB!")--because ultimately--all us smart people (yup I'm talking to you!)will occasionally do dumb things. All we're doing thinking that is adding to the pile of things we've silently built for ourselves that make us feel less. Less likely to succeed at our efforts in weight loss and life--until we give up on ourselves too quickly and eat and play video games and watch tv and read books to escape our warped perceptions of ourselves. We need to replace this phrase with "Man! I must be tired!" or "Geesh! Did you see that?! I need a vacation!"
  • yum2leal
    yum2leal Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    * Looked at the picture of my exes and I told myself "wow I'm so dumb!!!!!"....LOL!!!!!:noway:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Yes.

When I ordered a prostitute and a pizza at the same time and I got them confused.

Did she at least taste like...sausage?
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    I've looked for my glasses while I've had them on. smh. I have also fixed a pot of coffee and went to pour a cup and it ended up being just hot water...forgot to add the coffee....:grumble: I do pretty dumb things usually on a daily basis. Luckily most of the time I don't have an audience. lol:laugh: :laugh:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    One time I was using the computer and my husband started using his computer and I said, "Are you using my computer?" LMAO