Not losing weight

Options
I'm a 39 year old woman, 5'5", 137 pounds. Due to inactivity in the past year due to some injuries, I gained 15 pounds. For the past three weeks I've been dieting and working out, and haven't lost a single ounce.
My Fitbit says I burn 2000-2100 calories a day, so I've set my calorie goal at 1500-1600. I'm able to stick to that fairly easily. I'm lifting weights (NRLFW) three times per week, and getting at least 10,000 steps per day. I could probably do with getting more protein but I do get about 80 grams per day (I'm a vegetarian).
I don't expect quick weight loss but I'm so frustrated to have lost nothing at all (my clothes fit exactly the same, too). What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your intake? Since you're at a healthy weight already, you have to make sure your logging is as accurate as possible.
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your food? If you are eyeballing serving sizes, you may be unintentionally eating more than you think. (Weighing your food is the most accurate.)

Otherwise, your goals sound good so if your logging is accurate then you may just need to give yourself more time to see results.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh my food but I do measure.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You'll probably be best off purchasing a food scale to weigh your food. Measuring cups can be very inaccurate.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Yikes I guess so! What I'm doing isn't working:(
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    jnomadica wrote: »
    I don't weigh my food but I do measure.

There's your problem.

Start weighing absolutely everything you eat, measuring cups for liquids only.

• bininj
    bininj Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You may be replacing fat with muscle. A good thing
  • alexandreenconanan17
    Options
    You lose some fats but you gain some muscles because of exercise. So your weight will not gonna change.
  • sseniff
    sseniff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    using a scale IS the most accurate. I will be purchasing one also. I have been keto for 3 months and have not lost any weight. I am hoping that adrenal and thyroid is not the problem. I have decreased my fat intake a little since I am at net carbs of 20 grams. Though I can say that without pasta, breads, sugar and grains I feel so much better and I am not craving sweets and bad carbs is a plus. Any keto lifestyle here?
  • comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    sseniff wrote: »
    using a scale IS the most accurate. I will be purchasing one also. I have been keto for 3 months and have not lost any weight. I am hoping that adrenal and thyroid is not the problem. I have decreased my fat intake a little since I am at net carbs of 20 grams. Though I can say that without pasta, breads, sugar and grains I feel so much better and I am not craving sweets and bad carbs is a plus. Any keto lifestyle here?

I generally eat keto.

Re: Not losing any weight in 3 months - too many calories is the problem.