In need of motivation!

Options
tashahuei
tashahuei Posts: 15 Member
edited March 2017 in Motivation and Support
I think I'll be going on a family holiday very soon (probably in May) and I'm in dire need of motivation to shed a few pounds before going on vacation!

Encouragement, fitness and nutrition tips and any sort of motivation is greatly needed and appreciated.

Thanking everyone in anticipation! ☺️❤️

Replies

• GreekGoddess24
    GreekGoddess24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself every single day why you are doing this! Maybe even write it down if you want. I have found journaling to be a great motivator. It doesn't have to be a daily thing but a few times a week writing down the small victories and maybe even writing out your struggles can make a big difference. Usually we are the only ones holding ourselves back. Realizing that makes it so much easier to keep going. Best wishes! Good luck !!
  • reulenfeld7
    reulenfeld7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try and remind yourself that you are going to get through this, and realize this is family holiday, and write your food down, that's what I do. I also try and drink a lot of water so I fill full, lol!! Good Luck!!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm going on a trip in May and needed to get myself in gear. I joined the "lose 1 pound a week" challenge. It was just what I needed to have a little more accountability. Ten weeks into it and I'm down 11 pounds (with ten to go). I also consider this a life long process and not a "I made it!" thing. I read the maintenance boards daily.
  • tashahuei
    Options
    Try and remind yourself that you are going to get through this, and realize this is family holiday, and write your food down, that's what I do. I also try and drink a lot of water so I fill full, lol!! Good Luck!!

Thank you so much for the advice!
  • tashahuei
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    I'm going on a trip in May and needed to get myself in gear. I joined the "lose 1 pound a week" challenge. It was just what I needed to have a little more accountability. Ten weeks into it and I'm down 11 pounds (with ten to go). I also consider this a life long process and not a "I made it!" thing. I read the maintenance boards daily.

Oh alright! Might try that out. Thank you very much (:
  • tashahuei
    Options
    Remind yourself every single day why you are doing this! Maybe even write it down if you want. I have found journaling to be a great motivator. It doesn't have to be a daily thing but a few times a week writing down the small victories and maybe even writing out your struggles can make a big difference. Usually we are the only ones holding ourselves back. Realizing that makes it so much easier to keep going. Best wishes! Good luck !!

Yes I've heard of journaling being motivational! Might try that too! Thank you so much!