Midnight monster

Options
I need help with my late night food cravings. I eat about 2500 calories a day and workout about 5 days a week. I'm 6'3 and 35 years old and weight about 195 lbs. I want to get abs but my bad food habits have me eating over my 2500 calories at night by 500 calories or more sometimes. I feel like I can't sleep unless I get food.

Thanks

V/R,
Anthony

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Save back some of your calories for later in the day. Eat a smaller lunch or dinner or skip a snack so that you can have something before you go to bed.
  • fattyjolynn
    fattyjolynn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Same here. I get extreme cravings at night. Does eating at night cause more weight gain than eating it in the day?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    What ended up working best for me was not eating breakfast (because I was rarely hungry then), having a good lunch and dinner, and saving a bunch of calories for evening snacks which is when I *do* want to eat. :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Same here. I get extreme cravings at night. Does eating at night cause more weight gain than eating it in the day?

Meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss. What matters is how many calories you eat in a day, not when you eat them. :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Can you rearrange your calorie spread to allow for a late snack? I eat a half pb sandwich and a small glass of milk right before bed many nights.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I try to save 150-200 cals for a late night snack. If you feel like you can't control yourself from eating all the food at night, is it possible you are over restricting foods you really like during the day? And your will power is all used up by the end if the day?
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I need help with my late night food cravings. I eat about 2500 calories a day and workout about 5 days a week. I'm 6'3 and 35 years old and weight about 195 lbs. I want to get abs but my bad food habits have me eating over my 2500 calories at night by 500 calories or more sometimes. I feel like I can't sleep unless I get food.

Thanks

V/R,
    Anthony

It's a habit. You've trained yourself to eat a late night snack. You can either break it, (which is hard but of course can be done with willpower) or rearrange your calories during the day to provide a 500 calorie opening for your late night cravings.