give me the best diet possible

Options
I have spent the last week researching good diet plans,but it is diffucult to choose most of them come with supplements you have to buy they are very complex,im a 300 plus pound guy looking to drop 100lbs sooner than later i want to eat 2500 calories a day and feel satisfied,i want to lift 3 days a week and do some cardio,help me choose a diet with all the variables laid out for me recipes, calorie count for breakfast lunch and dinner,what is a proven diet that has worked for many this is getting hard for me to choose i see why people join jenny craig and others it cuts out all the planning help me out here!

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat in a caloric deficit, get in some exercise and live your life..... pretty much the approach I took and with some hard work I have seen results..... I don't by into all the hype of supplements and special diets, the way I did it hasn't cost me any extra money..... Best of Luck
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat in a caloric deficit, get in some exercise and live your life..... pretty much the approach I took and with some hard work I have seen results..... I don't by into all the hype of supplements and special diets, the way I did it hasn't cost me any extra money..... Best of Luck

See his ticker. Listen to this advice.
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Not going to be what you want to hear. but there is no universal right answer, anyone that tells you that is lying to you. A lot of it is going to come down to experimenting to find what works best for you. Which to me is why MFP is so valuable, having the data to study in order to figure out what is working and what is not working.

mine is fairly simple
    More fruit and vegetables
    Less processed foods
    less and leaner meats
    More Water

continuous small improvements and experiments. (Last couple weeks I have been using coconut milk instead of regular milk).
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

See his ticker. Listen to this advice.

Yep. The best diet is the one you stick with. Leave the complicated B.S. to the uninformed and stick with the basics.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Just do the whole My Fitness Pal thing. Eat what you eat, log everything, see where that gets you for your macros and total calories. After a week or two of observation, make adjustments. Add more protein if you see that you need to, decrease the amount of processed carbs if that's where you see you're consistently going over goal. Any 'diet' that comes with instructions and supplements isn't something you'll want to continue doing forever and ever, so it's not realistic. Eat real food. Log all food. Exercise. Log exercise. Success!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

This! Create a sensible calorie deficit in a way you find most sustainable. Period.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

This guy...he has discovered the not-so-secret secret. Listen to him.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    no diet, just burn more calories than you consume. and listen to to EdDavenport.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

This man knows what he's talking about.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to, at some point, do these things for yourself. There is no diet plan like what you're describing.

You don't have to eat any particular food, you can eat exactly what you're eating now, you can eat more healthy food, you can eat less healthy food... as long as you maintain a caloric deficit of 500 calories per day per pound you want to lose. I've lost 600-800 lbs over the years and I've got about 135 or so pounds before I'm at my goal weight and I can tell you this... lose slower and more consistently. Make life changes, not diet changes (eg: things you don't plan on doing forever.) I have lost weight on atkins, fast food, calorie reduction, high carb, fasting, etc... but if it's not something you can do forever you will regain the weight. Be accountable, log every single thing that passes your mouth. Bad days especially... log those.

Plan on the long haul.. and long haul you can't expect someone to lay a diet plan out for your entire life. Figure it out yourself. You've taken the first step, now take the next. There's a ton of great helpful people here who will gladly help you along the way if you're helping yourself.

As for a diet plan, plan on 2500 calories, figure out if you like a big breakfast or big dinner.. do you need snacks? Are you going to eat 1-2-3-4-5-6 times a day? Divide the calories up between those meals. Eat the foods you like or want to make part of your diet, long term you should look for things that will make you more healthy but short term work on portion control.

Buy a digital scale and weigh stuff and gasp at the calories you used to be consuming thinking it was a serving when it was more like 3-4 servings. Plan out how much cardio and lifting you're going to do... are you going to do starting strength? 5x5? etc... for cardio you going to do something like insanity or zumba or walking or running? c25k?

We can't do this for you because we don't know you intimately. This is something you can only do for yourself because you're determining the person you want to become and you're the person that has to live with the ramifications of those choices.
  • MrsMX
    MrsMX Posts: 98
    Options
    Totally impressive to see all of your Tickers and to read this ..

It reinforces my Journey!
    thanx to all ...:happy:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    There is no magic plan. Eat healthy food at a deficit. Eat a variety of foods. Pay attention to nutrition....but don't drive yourself crazy with it. Have an occasional treat...you're not being punished. Be patient...be flexible....but be persistant and honestly log your food and exercise. It really isn't complicated. You can do this!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i want to eat 2500 calories a day and feel satisfied,i want to lift 3 days a week and do some cardio

just do this ^ then...

Learn compound lifts - deadlifts, over head press, pull ups/chin ups, squats, bench press, etc and then incorporate them into a total body three day routine, do cardio on off days , and eat in a 500 cal deficit...
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I would go here http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html Input your data and see what your estimated TDEE is. It is probably higher than you think. Then log your food for a week or two without making changes. If you weigh less at the end of two weeks then there is a good chance that you were making different choices subconsciously or self consciously and were eating a bit less. No matter if it was a pound or two then you were eating 500 or more calories less than your TDEE and if you continue that you will lose. If you stay the same that is great two subtract 500 calories from that.

Lots of great advice here. Eating more fiber, perhaps making sure you have protein at every meal and a bit of fat to cause satiety. Just don't try doing it all at once there are consequences when you add too much fiber too soon. Try maybe 5 more grams a day for the first week then 5 more then 5 more then 5 more until your count gets up to 38 grams. I eat a bit more than that, but too much can cause problems just like too little can.