Fit2 calories burned

Options
Sorry if this seems like a silly question, I usually use the treadmill for 45 minutes a day and the treadmill/MFP calculates my calories burned to be about 194. On my Fit2 which tracks my heart rate and knows all my stats says I burn 310. I am 27 years old, female, 5'4 and 171.5 pounds.

Which one should I be using? I've just been going with what MFP tells me since 310 seemed like a lot, but I was curious why my Fit2 was telling me something so different.

Replies

• rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I too get confused by the fit bit calorie thingy. I think it is giving you total calories burned to date, not only for the treadmill but for everything including breathing, walking starting at midnight.
    I think if you read the calories on the Fitbit before and after the treadmill time the difference may be close to the MFP estimation.
    I would side with the more conservative reading although 310 does not seem crazy if your going at a good pace.
  • serenitysama
    serenitysama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    rdmitch wrote: »
    I too get confused by the fit bit calorie thingy. I think it is giving you total calories burned to date, not only for the treadmill but for everything including breathing, walking starting at midnight.
    I think if you read the calories on the Fitbit before and after the treadmill time the difference may be close to the MFP estimation.
    I would side with the more conservative reading although 310 does not seem crazy if your going at a good pace.

It is just for the treadmill, not for the whole day so far. There is a function that lets me start exercises. It's good to know that doesn't seem too far off, it's pretty quick for my little legs at 3.0 haha.

This is what my watch and the treadmill says;

calories.jpg~original