Fast Food choices

Options
2»

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    McDonald's: The Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken is my all-time favorite fast food salad (it comes with cilantro lime glaze so you don't even need dressing honestly)! If I'm here for breakfast I always do the Egg McMuffin, Side Salad (with Balsamic), and Apple Slices!

Chick-fil-A: The Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap is delicious, and so is the Cobb Salad.

Taco Bell: Four words - Steak Cantina Power Bowl.

Anywhere Else: I save calories by never using dressing for salads, which you really don't need with all the things included in those I've mentioned! Just make sure you have some fats in the salad if you skip dressing so your body can still absorb the fat soluble vitamins (both entree salad mentioned include fats without too many calories). Also skip mayo on sandwiches, you'd be surprised how quickly that can add up! Luckily more places are posting calories online and on menu boards, so it all comes down to small food swaps that add up over time. For desserts, if you must order these, skip the whipped cream as that's another big one!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    Smashburger: the chicken sandwich with goat cheese, cucumber, and spinach, plus the veggie frites, which are insanely good. I skip the ranch that comes for dipping, b/c to me they taste better without.

Baja Fresh: the grilled fish (wahoo) tacos. One or two a la carte (no rice and beans), if I'm just there for the taste or need to really keep the calories in rein. Skip the chips, as well.