Eating enough

Nope, no where near eating enough according to the stats given everyday. After having an extra 'before gym' protein shake I'm out of the 'red zone' alert given by the programme for not eating enough for today.

I don't deny myself any food, my appetite isn't brilliant and therefore I suppose I can't get enough calories... that has a knock on effect on macro's. I'm not covering my full protein everyday either.

How can I keep a low fat diet (due to gallstones), train hard but also meet my dietary requirements?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Eat more carbs and protein?

Make your protein shake a smoothie with fruit/yoghurt/non-dairy milk etc.

Add other liquid calories during the day.

More calorie dense vegetables - starchy ones over less starchy.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    +1 on adding more carbs and protein.
    Potatoes, yucca, etc. are a good choices.
    If you've met protein, carb, and general nutrition needs, but really need the energy and have no appetite, go ahead and eat some candy or snack bars. I personally like Glukos Apple Cinnamon Energy Bars as a quick, high-calorie snack.
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Nuts are good also
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Thanks guys, more meat & spuds then! I like the idea of adding protein powder to a fruit smoothie
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Couple Tblspns of Natural Peanut Butter, 180 calories!
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Hmmm, love PB but gallstones means low fat diet unfortunately
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Ouch! Well, Reduced Fat Natural PB has about 12 grams for each 2-tablespoon is this still too high for you?
    How about low fat cheese? Is that also out of the question for you?
  • jms1902
    jms1902 Posts: 6 Member
    To the OP-- I also have gall stone/duct issues, and I can eat the PBFit. It is a powdered PB that they have removed a lot of the fat in -- you just add water. It is not bad!