Looking for some friends on the journey to better eating and living!

Options
5_10diaries
5_10diaries Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hey! My name is Evie, my username is evie127heaven (do not add my on the account I'm Posting this with please! MFP randomly assigned me this name when I posted...)and I am from the Central Valley in California. Now I live in Northern California, near the border of Oregon.
I am a 21 year old student working on a transfer degree so I can attend a CSU. I have had troubles with disordered eating before, bingeing, purging, starving, over exercising. I didn't lose very much weight (probably due to the fact that those are all extremely unhealthy ways of losing weight) but at one point I was pretty good at running and would like to get back to something like that. That was in high school, and when I went to college I gained a lot of weight. My highest weight to this date was 178 (at 5'10) and that was achieved during my first year at college. After that, I took a swimming class which helped me shed some pounds, on top of eating better than I had freshman year. I had gotten to 160 and was still losing weight. During this transition and for the next couple of years, I was in a very stressful part of my life. I lost a lot of weight, getting to my lowest ever weight of 133 lbs. I am now unsure of my weight but have definitely gained. If I could guess, I am now 160 ish. I have begun to eat better and excersize lightly, and hopefully I can end the bingeing phase I seem to have been in since the holidays when my grandfather passed away. I do not actively practice disordered eating, although it sometimes happens. I want to get better at meal planning and eating healthy, whole foods. And I'd like friends along the way! Sorry this is so long...but if you read it all you should add me!! :)

Replies

• juhi110998
    juhi110998 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Juhi. I'm from Canada, Quebec and I can relate to you quite a lot. Except in my case I was obese and my highest weight was 220 pounds. I have eating disorders as well. I either get obsessive with every single thing I eat or binge like there's no tomorrow (just went through that phase a few weeks ago and I ended up gaining weight). I'm sorry about your grandfather passing away :( I want to start to meal plan. I've never done it because it seemed like too much hassle. Anyway best of luck!