Please add me.
Thanks

Replies

• sunshineandhurricane
    sunshineandhurricane Posts: 10 Member
    What's a keto diet?
  • simadawn
    simadawn Posts: 5 Member
    Looking for keto friends to share recipes support and just general venting if needed. Been keto almost 2 months lost 30 lbs. Keeping carbs below 20 net
  • simadawn
    edited March 2017
    Keto means watching calories and carbs per day trying to maintain less then 20 net carbs a day , takes lots of planning, can't just go out for the day without a plan
  • MsSassyChick
    MsSassyChick Posts: 2 Member
    I have been eating a ketogenic diet for 28 days I was down 10 lbs as of last Monday but went out wed and thurs and it through my macros off..grr went up 2 lbs trying to get back on track
  • simadawn
    I have been eating a ketogenic diet for 28 days I was down 10 lbs as of last Monday but went out wed and thurs and it through my macros off..grr went up 2 lbs trying to get back on track

Everyday is a struggle. Keep it up
  • tiffanytbanks1
    tiffanytbanks1 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks for sharing guys, @ Sunshine KetoDiet
    Means watching and weighing everything you eat
    And try to balance your macros.Eating very little carbs, I try to keep mine at 20g per day. And eat lots of fat and less protein, I normally keep mine as follows
    75% Fat
    20% Protein
    5% Carbs
    without forgetting to
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    hello if u ad me I will help u
  • piked74
    piked74 Posts: 2 Member
    Been low carb for 5 months now. Usually between 20-30 net carbs a day. Dr. wanted me on a low carb diet due to showing signs of prediabetes. Also quit drinking August of last year. Down 53 lbs so far and feel 100% better than I have for the last 20 years. Takes some amount of planning and I try to hit 75/20/5 % as well. Olive oil and veggies are my favorites!
  • bonniebelle80
    bonniebelle80 Posts: 3 Member
    I've been keto since Jan 9 and to date I am down almost 20 pounds and about 16" overall. I have hashimoto's thyroid disease and so losing weight is incredibly hard but can be done. I like the results I'm seeing and just as a note it takes 2-4 days to get into nutritional ketosis but takes at least 2 weeks to become fat adapted. The first week of detox, or better known as keto flu, sucks but hang it there because it will pass! Be sure to keep up your electrolytes and drinking an ounce of water for every ounce of lean muscle mass. The last tidbit of advice I can give is to find a group either on reddit or fb of like-minded ketoers because they can give great advice and support! Good luck :)
  • rchimuso1
    rchimuso1 Posts: 3 Member
    How do you get in more fat than protein? I have a hard time with that
    And try to balance your macros.Eating very little carbs, I try to keep mine at 20g per day. And eat lots of fat and less protein, I normally keep mine as follows
    75% Fat
    20% Protein
    5% Carbs
    without forgetting to
    75% Fat
    20% Protein
    5% Carbs
    without forgetting to

• Chunkyscrub
    Chunkyscrub Posts: 1 Member
    Just started the keto diet thing any advice would be greatly appreciated!
  • Owllove1917
    Owllove1917 Posts: 2 Member
    I just started two days ago and would love to learn more.
  • sethh_taco
    sethh_taco Posts: 3 Member
    I started keto the first time back in August and done it for a few weeks then fell off. Started back around Christmas and fell off again. Today is day 1 and hoping this time I stick with it. Each time I do it for a week or more I see significant weight loss, energy levels are great, I feel amazing and my knee doesn't hurt if I stood or walked for a long time the day before.

As someone else mentioned, it takes a bit of planning. Bread, pasta, eta has always been involved in most of my meals for as long as I can remember but honestly it isn't too bad and there are tons of options out there to replace those. So feel free to add me if anyone wants to.
  • tiffanytbanks1
    @ Owllove and chunkyscrub I will share all the tips I know and do the same pls. Add me as friends n you can view my diary for ideas.

@ rchimuso try
    bulletproof coffee
    fat bombs
    And MCT oil is brilliant.
    Make sure you weigh your protein products so you don't go over the grams.
    Also the best trick is to put your meals in your MFP diary before you prepare them and play around with them till everything balances. I started doing this from yesterday and it makes life way much easier. You can plan a day before so when the day begins you will know exactly what you are doing so less headache for you.
    Please add me as your friend

@ bonniebelle and piked74 thanks a lot for sharing.
    So inspiring, motivative and educative pls add me as your friend
    Thanks

@ Johnw83 thanks Will do that now
    Truly appreciate
  • tiffanytbanks1
    @ Sethh
    Failing to stick to something is not a failure but giving up is. Keep trying and hang in there. Add me as a friend and do what bonniebelle80 suggested, get groups and friends doing similar thing to motivate you and lift you up, speak up when you feel like giving up so friend can help.
    Thanks for Sharing and all the best.
    We will get there
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Would one of you be willing to share a day of what you eat.. I have been sitting here planning but I am getting frustrated..
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member

i've been in ketosis since early february, anybody can friend me. i'm no expert, though.
  • DiscipleForLife
    DiscipleForLife Posts: 25 Member
    Try www.dietdoctor.com I use only the free part so far. There is a 2 week low carb challenge with shopping list, meal plan all spelled out. Good luck. Im not keto yet, i just bought test strips, but im staying away from sugar and carbs.
  • tiffanytbanks1
    @ nitag, I have added you as a friend, you can check my diary, I'm a beginner too but there is a lot of info in YouTube, and google KetoDiet you won't run out of ideas, diet doctor is brilliant as discipline for life suggested, all the best.

@ bedside table kangaroo, I have added you
    Thanks. Your user name is brilliant!

@ Disciple For Life
    Thanks for Sharing, I have also added you as a friend. You are doing great! If you search in Amazon you will MCT oil, it puts you in ketosis pretty quick. All the best.