What can I have with my coffee? Ideas please

Options
Zara_Pi
Zara_Pi Posts: 141 Member
I like to have a coffee in the evenings about 6-7pm, and normally I would have high sugar/fat foods with it. Like chocolate biscuits, butter biscuits, cakes, crumpets with butter, toast with peanut butter.

I need ideas on foods I can enjoy with my coffee but isn't very high in sugar and fat. Calories between 100-200.
Thanks.

Replies

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    30gm raw almonds is about 170cal. Goes nicely with coffee.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Most evenings, I have an evening snack of an ounce of sharp cheddar (115), a clementine orange (35), and a Dove dark chocolate (42).
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Protein mug cake... Microwaveable. You should be able to google some recipes - I haven't made one in years as we don't have a microwave!
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    there's nothing wrong with treats in moderation, if you can, just cut down the portions, say instead of having 3-4 biscuits, have 1-2, or instead of eating a large chocolate bar, get the little fun sized ones instead. Just do what works for you, personally, I know I can't be trusted around a pack of biscuits, so I buy individually wrapped mini cake bars, that way it's already portioned out and I'm not tempted to grab another. Or alternatively, maybe look into getting low fat/reduced sugar yogurts in flavours that still taste like a treat, like vanilla bean, chocolate, caramel etc. I think a lot of shops sell low fat/reduced sugar pudding cups (like chocolate mousse etc) too, just shop around and see what takes your fancy
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    Personally - I would have the chocolate. I would buy some dark chocolate chips and weigh out 100-200 calories worth. Instead of eating them, let them melt in your mouth. It will take awhile to finish and go really well with the coffee!

Yum, I have been struggling with my chocolate urge.
    Love this advice, buying a bag of drk choc chips today!
  • avadahm
    avadahm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hmm I wonder if there is a snack alternative that you can make at home that could cut down on those sugars and fats
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    What about a low cal hot chocolate with some whipped cream on top.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I get individual snack cakes. Or Choc Gems. Or anything in a single serving really, most treats like that come in under 200 calories, most under 150.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I like the low calorie treats that are individually wrapped- then I know i have eaten one- and that's it-
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Ice cream bars, apple and peanut butter, chocolate chips, or I've made some scones off Pinterest that came in under 200 cal. Search for healthy or skinny recipes for some ideas

Plus the cheesecake on the recipe board. That stuff is great.
  • JacquiH73
    JacquiH73 Posts: 124 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    Personally - I would have the chocolate. I would buy some dark chocolate chips and weigh out 100-200 calories worth. Instead of eating them, let them melt in your mouth. It will take awhile to finish and go really well with the coffee!

I love Barkthins chocolate bark. A 40g serving is 200cal but you can easily half or quarter that serving for a low cal chocolate fix.

Vanilla and other flavor wafer cookies are only around 150cal per serving.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Zara_Pi wrote: »
    I like to have a coffee in the evenings about 6-7pm, and normally I would have high sugar/fat foods with it. Like chocolate biscuits, butter biscuits, cakes, crumpets with butter, toast with peanut butter.

I need ideas on foods I can enjoy with my coffee but isn't very high in sugar and fat. Calories between 100-200.
    Thanks.

Ok, a few ideas depending on how you feel about quality vs quantity.
    If you drink black coffee or low cal coffee, this doesn't help, but I have been able to change to black tea (in the pm), a little creamer and sugar for a 70 cal tea instead of what would be a 120 to 140 cup of coffee with creamer. This shaves off 60 or more calories and I can use that to bulk up my accompanying snack.
    For crunchy, i like speculoos from trader joe's. 4 for 150. In the summer, I like a nice cold affogato with dryers slow churned no sugar added ice cream (100 per 1/2 cup) with some espresso or coffee on top. Hershey's sugar free syrup is 5 cal and a nice option.
    Good luck!
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have a crumpet that is 90 cal and I have stevia sweetened jam for another 20. Does the trick!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I like having a shortbread cookie (A cookie -- not multiple cookies) with my evening coffee. It's super yummy dunked into the coffee, and usually only around 100 calories or so, so it's worth it to me. The key is to buy the ones with real butter, or to make your own. So much more satisfying than the ones made with oil or shortnening.
  • JustTrackinIt
    JustTrackinIt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    toast with peanut butter wouldn't be bad. Just make sure you use a low calorie wheat bread (60-70kcal) and 1 table of peanut butter (2 tbls would be way to much...)
  • Zara_Pi
    Zara_Pi Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    toast with peanut butter wouldn't be bad. Just make sure you use a low calorie wheat bread (60-70kcal) and 1 table of peanut butter (2 tbls would be way to much...)

Thanks.
    I think I'll buy the smaller loaves of whole meal seeded bread and have it with small amount of peanut butter as I need to increase the fats in my diet.
  • ReneeDawalga5100
    ReneeDawalga5100 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have an evening coffee as well and will pair it with a rice krispy treat. So good.