Grocery shopping ideas

Options
Hey y'all!
I have been at this for a while, and I need some ideas of new things to pick up at the grocery store. I will appreciate any suggestions!

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I have recently fallen in love with frozen stir fry blends of veggies and Brussel sprouts, in addition to my normal broccoli, cauliflower, kail, green beans, chicken, salmon, tuna, oats and potatoes.

That said, I eat all of my food plain as hell, so this may not be for everyone.
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'll give a list of some meals I recently went grocery shopping for! I don't know if it will be helpful, hopefully at least a little bit.. : )
    Breakfast:
    Homemade granola bars
    Homemade coffee cake muffins
    Cereal
    Cottage cheese and whatever fruit you like
    Oatmeal and fruit/apples
    Eggs with toast and bacon

Lunch:
    Egg salad sandwich
    Turkey and swiss sandwich with cheese Gold Rold pretzels (yum) dipped in a Laughing Cow cheese wedge
    Grilled Cheese
    Cheese and Chicken Quesadilla with Tortilla Chips and Salsa

Dinner:
    Chicken salad with lots of different veggies (cucumber, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc) with bacon and a boiled egg
    Burgers and fries (I like mine dipped in ketchup or nacho sauce!)
    Chicken and rice with asparagus (Kroger has a good Creole rice if you like a dry spicy kind of rice)
    http://img2.everafterguide.com/x09aTvgJ17HQjaGiR0IGcmryJFU=/product_images/full/b34645fa9d6ec9b61015ceecdafd0dbb1bb95ad7/private-selection-creole-garlic-rice-fusion-7-oz-pack-of-2.jpg
    Rotini Pasta with ground beef and pasta sauce. I add veggies like onion, mushrooms and green pepper. Garlic and parmesan too, of course. (My favorite pasta sauce) http://www.simpletruth.com/_kroger_simpletruth_v2/cache/file/2651BED8-C290-29B7-4CA5D1BD29EAD3E6.jpg
    Chicken and salsa rice burrito (White rice cooked with salsa)