Gallon of water a day?

Options
Has anyone seen some bonus in their life from doing this? Ir doesn't seem to impact my weight loss but it has helped with my skin and energy levels. And morning breath lol. Anyone else have any good results? Or bad results?

I've been doing this for almost a month and I'm thinking about going back down to the 8 glasses.

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I pee a lot more and have less water retention and constipation issues. Other than that, my weedle just looks like tap water. YMMV.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    No personally I don't see any weightloss difference or any hunger disappear
    I drink what I feel the need to my urine is pale yellow and not thirsty
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,569 Member
    Options
    Drinking a lot of water just makes your body efficient at using or getting rid of it. That's about it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Poopkh
    Poopkh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the gallon of water a day for like a week. It's seems to help with my energy and helps with cravings. I also feel like it is helping my skin as well.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I come at this from the opposite side, I drink upwards of 1.5 gallons of water a day, and when I don't I feel awful. My skin feels dry and tight and I get yuck mouth. I often get a vague headache and just feel blergh.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I don't need nearly that much water. I tried once, and I thought I was going to float away. :D
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Check with your doc but my hubby was drinking so much water that his prescription medications weren't working as well because he pushed so much water through.
  • SydniRease
    SydniRease Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did a 30 day challenge with drinking one gallon of water a day and I felt it made a difference. The first week, without changing my diet at all, I lost 6lbs. I could tell a difference in my skin and my hair. Yes, I used the restroom a lot but I noticed I had more energy as well. After the challenge, I continued to drink a gallon of water a day and I feel great.
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I don't get as many chronic headaches as I used to. It hasn't helped my skin but I live in dry as s Colorado. I don't have cotton mouth from my meds anymore. And I have to go to the bathroom more often.
    It hasn't helped me with weight loss, but that doesn't matter because we all need water.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Make sure you spread it out. No more than about 1 liter every 2 hours...

otherwise it won't do you much good anyway. and will flush your meds