Newbie Here

Options
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm hoping that this site will help me with the last 15 or 20 pounds. Over the last year I've lost about 50 pounds and now I seem to be stuck. I just want to take these last few pounds off to make my goal. I've never been skinny before, and I'm now the smallest that I've ever been, but it'll be nice to reach my goal weight and bodyfat percentage. And above all it'll be great to make some new friends with the same goals and focus.

Replies

• neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm hoping that this site will help me with the last 15 or 20 pounds. Over the last year I've lost about 50 pounds and now I seem to be stuck. I just want to take these last few pounds off to make my goal. I've never been skinny before, and I'm now the smallest that I've ever been, but it'll be nice to reach my goal weight and bodyfat percentage. And above all it'll be great to make some new friends with the same goals and focus.
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!

How did you drop the first 50? I am having trouble with 15!!! Any advice??
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    Welcome! Do tell how you lost 50 lbs in 1 year! that is amazing! Hopefully you will find this site helpful in achiving your goal! Good Luck!
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I started counting calories, which is what we are doing here. Then I started being very active. I would work out hard at least 1 hour a day, and on those days that I can't fit it into my schedule, I would walk for at least half of my lunch time at work. I started using a calendar and schedule my workout times in at least a week in advance. Seeing it on the calendar made me accountable for it, it was like any other appointment, I wouldn't let myself miss the appointment, it made my workouts a lot more consistant. I now do kick boxing at least 3 times a week, do an areobics class at least twice a week, and hike for a couple of hours at least once every weekend. The activities have made all the difference. I park my car at the furthest parking space at all times, walk up stairs instead of taking the elevator and just plain make sure everything that I do and every move that I make uses up calories. I have to say that it hasn't been easy, it took a lot of discipline, but it's been worth it. But even with all that, it seems like I can't take the last 15 pounds off. It may be that I stopped counting the calories, I thought I was keeping track mentally, but apparently not.

My friend told me last weekend that he can see that I am developing an hour glass figure, which is extremely thrilling as I have never been discribed as anything but ROUND.
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hey neverbeenskinny

I loved your last statement. You are unround bound. Wow your active I lost 2 pounds just reading your activities. Good luck with those last few pounds you can make it.