Fitbit and Calories-Can this be right???

2»

Replies

• jringold1
    jringold1 Posts: 45 Member
    Hummm, wow - I seemed to have created a firestorm in a short time. Sort of like I threw a turd into a swimming pool!

So, I have learned a lot in a short time just going back and reviewing all of this. Everyone has contributed so much info. @PAV8888 I would say that you have forgotten more about weight loss and nutrition than I will ever know. @try2again , I will take your advice to heart - My hips are pretty sore - sore enough for a Toradol (Rx pain med). I walked 6K steps at lunch today around our corporate campus and by the time I got back I pretty much collapsed in my desk chair in pain. (I did 17K steps yesterday) So yea, I was so excited about all the negative calories that I got too ambitious and pushed myself a bit hard.

Kriss - What's the deal dude? I get the frustration. But you seem to be discounting all the good things you've done. When you posted your before and after pic the other day, I said "I want to do that!". I do see your point - I know that once I am close to my goal weight, I certainly would not want to mess around with something that could add pounds back - even just a few, for a short period of time.

I don't totally understand the fitbit/MFP integration either. However, I am going to follow it for a month and see what happens. If it works, then I will just chalk up the integration to other things I don't understand like how my son's bank account can go to under $1 two days after I put money in it or how I am able to not go-off in meetings that really piss me off.... :-)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    @Look_Its_Kriss sorry your frustrated. If you need the help of a numbers guy (I'm an accountant) I'm always willing to help you. Just not sure I can or not.

@jringold1 I'm about your size and hit ~ 2000 cals per day. Feel free to look at my diary (not last Friday though) if you want to know what it looks like. My plan is to exercise enough to get MFP to tell me to eat 2000. But outside of exercise, I have a tough time hitting 2500 steps a day. So I have to do 30 mins on the treadmill and walk the dogs to even get to 8K. But that gives me enough to eat 2000.

I've had a wrist thing since before I found MFP and I find it works out pretty close to what I need to be doing, so if it gives me 500 cals more to eat, and I eat less than that, I lose more than I should. It feels good until I start reading about gallstones. Yikes.