Thighs and bum!

Ok guys so I've managed to be 2lbs off my target weight. Tummy is much improved but my thighs and my bum haven't changed!! They are saggy and lots of cellulite!!

I've tried lower body workouts but they haven't done much. I was thinking more cardio on my bike? But what moves or diet can I do that will target my thighs and bum?
Thank you
Please help! I need a bikini body !

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited March 2017
    Progressive weight training routine should help. More cardio isn't the answer.
    ETA: search out Strong curves
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Continue your deficit or go into a surplus in tandem with a progressive lifting program and work on developing the underlying muscles
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,893 Member
    You can't get rid of cellulite, but you can reduce the appearance. Weight training will help, but you'd have to be working on putting on muscle to "round" out your bum. And that means gaining weight.
    Weight on the scale isn't everything. I've seen so many people look so much better after they gained some muscle after they hit their "target" weight and weren't happy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    admr9edbphhe.jpg

Look for Strong Curves.
    I highly recommend reading the book, but you can find the workout templates online.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You can't get rid of cellulite, but you can reduce the appearance. Weight training will help, but you'd have to be working on putting on muscle to "round" out your bum. And that means gaining weight.
    Weight on the scale isn't everything. I've seen so many people look so much better after they gained some muscle after they hit their "target" weight and weren't happy.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

This all the way.

I had to put on some weight/gain muscle to get the body I desired. It is not a short process though...definitely takes time and commitment.

Also another vote for Strong Curves.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

So totally true. I don't know anyone who isn't shocked when I tell them that I weigh 162 at 5'7". But they all come looking for me when someone needs to change out the bottle on the water cooler
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Walking and running have really sorted my thighs big time, cellulite is greatly reduced although slightly visible but I can live with that. And there's nothing better for firming up the tush than lifting weights - squats/lunges/deadlifts.
  • raech_86
    raech_86 Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you so much guys! I can't run due to bad hips, would cycling help along with squats and lunges?
    So I need to eat lots of protein to put on muscle then also guys?
    Thank you x