Total Number Of Calories

Hello MFP Friends!

I have a question for some of U for those who can answer this for me. When in taking or eating up the number of calories that U have each day and when it's time to weigh yourself on that particular day and once U have lost certain number of pounds that U want to loose each week does the number of calories that U intake decreases or what? I do hope that some of U do understand what I'm saying so that some of U can be able to answer my question here.

-Klevybrown

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Once you have lost 5 or 10 pounds, you might want to go to the apps tab and re-calculate your BMR with your new weight. You wouldn't necessarily do this weekly, just after you have lost at least 5lbs. Your BMR will lower as your weight goes down, so your base calorie goal will go down as well. Eventually, you will not be able to create a huge deficit anymore, but that will be when you are closer to your goal weight, so you will change your goals from losing 2lbs a week to losing 1 or .5 a week.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    If you are using the MFP defaults, your calories will be automatically adjusted based on the weights you enter into your profile and the settings you have for vital statistics and desired weight loss. If you are using the TDEE method, you will need to recalculate every so often to adjust for changes. Also, as you get closer to your goal, you should probably reduce the amount you are trying to lose per week to avoid stalling out. When you don't have much left to lose, small deficits are more effective than large deficits.