Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Klingons must be destroyed.

Number two. Make it so.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    I don't like clingy people....yet here I am, as a mom, enjoying their neediness ;)

Children are helpless. Adults on the other hand....
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    Tell them you're the kind of person who needs time to themselves. There is no harm in explaining what you need.

Then this should've been, explained before getting involved with; the person & if it's a, child choose not; to've children!

I'm assuming you're joking because this sounds pretty ridiculous. Choose not to have a children because they might be clingy? Really? smh

So if someone's unable to, tolerate children they; should've them?

However 1 day your child'll be, an adult whom might still wanna; hug with their Mother!

Duchess, what's going on, you are steering away from the topic. We're about to make a very important decision here. Concentrate
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Don't brush your teeth or wear deoderant.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I don't like clingy people....yet here I am, as a mom, enjoying their neediness ;)

Tell them you're the kind of person who needs time to themselves. There is no harm in explaining what you need.

Then this should've been, explained before getting involved with; the person & if it's a, child choose not; to've children!

I'm assuming you're joking because this sounds pretty ridiculous. Choose not to have a children because they might be clingy? Really? smh

However 1 day your child'll be, an adult whom might still wanna; hug with their Mother!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. An adult who wants to hug their parents is not clingy, it's endearing. I hope my sons still want to hug me no matter how old they get.

True but everyone has, their own perceptions concerning; what's clingy as well! Some parents refuse to, be the shoulder for their child of any age to; cry on, etc. & no matter how, trivial or serious the; reasoning's!
  • SpotLighttt
    SpotLighttt Posts: 174 Member
    Options

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. An adult who wants to hug their parents is not clingy, it's endearing. I hope my sons still want to hug me no matter how old they get.

yes agreed.

WTH - How is that being clingy? WOW.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options

True but everyone has, their own perceptions concerning; what's clingy as well! Some parents refuse to, be the shoulder for their child of any age to; cry on, etc. & no matter how, trivial or serious the; reasoning's!

I have a name for those types of parents. I could try to get creative and post it here but nah. I'm pretty sure someone will flag me, since I'm so well liked here...NOT. B)
  • lennyt91
    lennyt91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Y'all are really making me wanna go hug my kid now.. :)
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    lennyt91 wrote: »
    Y'all are really making me wanna go hug my kid now.. :)

That'll make, my day; thank you!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

I have a name for those types of parents. I could try to get creative and post it here but nah. I'm pretty sure someone will flag me, since I'm so well liked here...NOT. B)

I understand, I am a product of; a parent like that &'ve babysat, some children that; were also!
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »
    I literally can't stand clingy people. I need my space! How do you nicely ask someone to back tf off?! :D

Why are you talking to other people??? I thought I was all you needed :'(
    csbnga wrote: »
    I literally can't stand clingy people. I need my space! How do you nicely ask someone to back tf off?! :D

Why are you talking to other people??? I thought I was all you needed :'(

You're all I need, the plane ticket I just bought tells me so!

This threesome is turning into more of an orgy :o
  • BrinaBecnel
    BrinaBecnel Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    As usual not where I intended this conversation to go... :|
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

Tell them they're making you feel overwhelmed and you need your space.
  • BrinaBecnel
    BrinaBecnel Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If I comment here are you going to respond?

It's been approximately 10 seconds, where are you?

:D:D:D
  • iDad74
    iDad74 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    clingy is fun for like a week. then....not so much. I'd say be clear and affirmative. and in this day and age, I'd do it electronically so there's a record. I know most of the replies are sarcastic, but i've seen clingy turn into crazy so you need to set boundaries early on.