Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I couldn't run...

simone2060
simone2060 Posts: 13 Member
6 months ago, I couldn't run for more than a minute at a time. On Saturday, I ran my 1st 5k!!! It was awesome! I still don't love running, and I'm really slow (45 minutes), but I plan to do more in the future. If you want to learn to run, I reccomend using a app that will help you with interval training. You CAN do it if you train slowly!

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    That's fantastic. What a huge victory for you. Keep it up and don't stop now. You're doing great.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Congrats! Welcome to the running world!
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Way to go! You still ran circles around everyone who was sitting on the couch!

Finishing your first race is exhilarating.
  • That's awesome! I'm trying to do the same thing, and a 5K is my goal. Did you use an app that you'd recommend?
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Way to go!!! That is awesome!!! Now, you are ready to train for a 10K...keep at it!
  • blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    That's awesome! I just started running about a month ago..I don't love it yet, but I definitely don't hate it as much as I used to. Have you tried the Zombies, Run! app? It's a lot of fun, and made running more enjoyable. I usually run that app and Runtastic Pro at the same time. :)
  • JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Congrats!
  • Mex_Illini_14
    Mex_Illini_14 Posts: 14 Member
    I know what you mean!! I was exactly like that too!! I could barely run and I did the C25K for the Color Run last month. I have learned to love running and actually have another race on saturday and running a 5K in 35 minutes. Just keep running! Keep it up!
  • simone2060
    simone2060 Posts: 13 Member
    I used 5k, although about week 4, my phone died so I just ran until I couldnt. When I got back to my car I realized I had run 2 miles! 5k was great, but there's also C25K, and Zombie 5k that are pretty cool. Zombie 5k is interval training with a zombie story line haha
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    That is AMAZING!!! CONGRATS!!!!

I, too, used to barely be able to run. I remember 3 years ago, I couldn't run for more than 5 minutes and then I would be huffing and puffing and about ready to collapse and die. I ran my first 5k this past March and I had started slowly training for it from around mid-fall last year. It was such an amazing feeling to finish it! Soak up and enjoy the high! You deserve it! You've worked hard!

:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Great job! I know the feeling. Last year at this time I had just started the 0 to 5K app since then I've ran a couple of 5Ks, a 10K and am contemplating a half-marathon. Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!