When did YOU see it?

Options
anro86
anro86 Posts: 790 Member
I have lost a total of 12 pounds in the past 6 weeks, and on my 5 foot 1 frame, I guess that is a good start. People at work are starting to notice my weight loss and are commenting on it, all positive comments, which is wonderful. But I have yet to see a difference in myself. So, I am just curious, when do you start noticing a change in your appearance with your weight loss? Did it take longer for you to see it as well? Thanks in advance for any answers :smile:

Replies

• alehundrah
    alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats on your weigh loss. I've lost around 10 lbs & I don't see a difference. I have noticed that my jeans are a little lose (not a lot) but that's about it. I do however notice that my double chin isn't as noticeable as before (but still have one). I guess it takes time to notice a difference.
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    When abs started showing, about 2 weeks after I calculated my TDEE and started eating at a deficit instead of trying to eat "healthy" Nd lose weight by accident/side effect of so called healthy diet
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements and/or progress pictures? It usually does take longer to see it since you see yourself everyday, making the gradual changes fade into one another. I don't think I really noticed a change until about 30 lbs in, but I also didn't take any pictures at first, which was a mistake. When I started Insanity, I remember thinking that the first week had been rough and I hadn't seen any progress, so I was a little discouraged. When I put the picture from before and after week 1 side by side, however, there was a dramatic difference. I just hadn't noticed without having objective evidence to point it out. Give it time. You'll see it eventually.
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm down 20 lbs..my clothes are baggy..I'm in a smaller size..friends, co-workers, and neighbors see it but I DON'T... What's wrong with my eyes?????

I think I'll find some old pictures and take new pictures in the same clothes....hopefully my brain will catch up with my eyes. :)
  • mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My clothes started to loosen up in 3 weeks (16 lbs), but no one at work has said any thing to me yet. I am wondering when that will happen.
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    So glad I am not the only one who hasn't seen the weight loss in themselves initially. I am sure as I continue it will come... I have this fear that I have lost 12 pounds of fingernail clippings or a from a haircut, and I haven't actually lost anything in my body, ha-ha. But I am very motivated and super happy about losing the weight that I have already and am excited to lose more.... maybe I need eyeglasses :wink: