Spotting after jogging

Options
Ok so I just recently started working out, and bought a treadmill and I'm not one to pace myself I go all for it and I jogged for maybe about 10 minutes and afterwards I noticed I was spotting a little bit, I'm on the depo shot and haven't had a period in 6 years, has this happened to anyone else after running or jogging?

Replies

• BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Not me, but I'm not on BC at all. I've raced distances between 5Ks to a marathon. The only issue I've had is when I get on the low end of my BMI range, I'll get my TOM every 3 weeks instead of every 4 weeks. Which sucks... lol
  • mrsperry1015
    mrsperry1015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking it's the birth control and hormones, it's not something I'm really concerned about bc it stops rather quickly but when I googled it it seems fairly common it just caught me off guard lol
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I never had this problem. But when I took the depo shot I spotted ALL THE TIME. That is really why I went back to the pill. I never used to run in those days though so I don't know if that could be part of it.
  • mrsperry1015
    Options
    I've been on the depo for 6 years and I don't stop all that much maybe right before my next shot or stress , I love the depo though I could never remeber to be able to take the pill lol
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I've been on depo for more than 10 years now. Normally I don't have a period at all. Very occasionally up until a couple years ago, I'd randomly spot or worse....um.... MURDER SCENE. This did happen once at the gym but I think that it was a coincidence. Generally didn't see any correlation and I've done a lot of different exercises.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    *knocks on every wooden object in sight*
  • mrsperry1015
    Options
    I'm the same way I don't have a period at all either and I love it that way, I agree sometimes when I do have the occasional bad spotting I hate it lol, my husband thinks it's hormones as to me spotting after jogging bc I'm not gonna lie I haven't ran in years lol except when we raced to Dairy Queen lmao :)
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i would suggest a quick visit to the doctor if you notice that the jogging and spotting coincide again. it could be nothing and just spotting or it could be polyps or fibroids that are causing the bleeding.