New mom - exhausted and overwhelmed tips ?

Options
2»

Replies

• Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Feed her some solid food right before her bedtime and go to sleep! You need to sleep!
  • ellengiller
    ellengiller Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yoga helped me to energize. But it's just tiring having a baby and doing all that of the other things in life (working, cooking, trying to samtay awake
  • f1tforever
    f1tforever Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your feedback . I completely agree that the baby phase is too short for me to be stressing about weight and exercise. I hope it's true that things get better and I can somewhat get in a healthy groove again. Being a new mom is so much harder than I anticipated ... boy did I eat my words when judging other moms pre- baby lol!

• FatPorkyChop
    FatPorkyChop Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Oh trust me I have been there... and sorry because many will be shocked but even though I love my daughter more than anything, it was not enjoyable at all... extreme sleep deprivation, frustration over not getting help from my husband at night... It was survival mode basically and I put on 7 kilos over 7 months (on top of the pregnancy weight).
    What I did is that when my husband was coming home I left straight away for 30 minutes to the gym...... and surprisingly it helped me feel less exhausted (I started doing that when she was 6/7months old)... now my daughter is 14 months old and sleeping well at night (i stopped feeding her at night when she was around 6 months and slept through the night - 11 hours - when she was 8 months) once I started that and once she slept everything changed for the better and I can say that NOW I am enjoying motherhood. I am so happy this time is over, it felt like an eternity.... good luck !
  • CodyAnn81
    CodyAnn81 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been in your shoes , dear!! Hang in there. It will get better; I promise. My girls are 13 months apart and I was totally exhausted when they were babies. There were days I never got out of my pjs bc I was just so tired and overwhelmed... If she's napping early in the evenings, try to keep her awake until it's her bedtime. I'm sure you've started her on some solids by now so just make sure she's been fed before putting her to bed... Once she's up walking around, you'll start to lose some of your weight bc you'll be chasing her around. Lol .. Best of luck to you.
  • Lilygator1017
    Lilygator1017 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I came across this post. All of these responses are wonderful, and I so very much needed to hear them, too. I'm a new mom, my daughter is almost 5 months, and only now do I understand how exhausting it can be. It doesn't mean I love my baby any less, just probably with a little less gusto, lol. She has had many days lately where she is insatiable, I mean, where does it go?? (I believe she is teething as well.) My own health and fitness has been far from my mind for a long time. So far one of the biggest lessons I've learned: cat naps are a mom's best friend.
  • FatPorkyChop
    FatPorkyChop Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I also remember saying to my friends that I would gladly take two more kilos for just one night of complete sleep ahahah good times .....not.