Need people to keep me motivated

Options
I have been off and on this MFP but I am restarting and I am down 12lbs so far. I would like to add new friends that are truly motivational and inspiring to help me keep going and understand my struggle. Below I copy and pasted why I want to get in shape so you can have a little understanding of who I am. Add me as a friend if you would like :) Thank you.

Why I want to get in shape:

I want to be healthier, and happier. I don’t like the way I feel, or look. With being in the military there are standards that you need to uphold, and I feel like I am setting a bad example. I personally don’t like to tell people to do things if I won’t or can’t do them, so if I am telling someone they need to go and workout or there uniform needs to be altered bothers me because I feel like I shouldn’t be telling them that if I am in the same boat as them. I feel like I am setting a standard for them that I need to follow for myself. I want to prove to myself and to my family that I can lose weight and it doesn’t run in the family. It would be nice to just keep a balance and not stress out about what I eat or if I am getting fatter or am I going to pass my next physical test.

Replies

• EllenMcDermott1
    EllenMcDermott1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm ellen from Ireland and I'd love to join you in your weight loss journey. I went from 140lbs to 180 lbs after my husband died at 46 five years ago. I've lost 22 lbs myself but am stuck and thought I'd try calorie tracking here but finding it a bit lonely doing it alone
  • jessiejhow123
    jessiejhow123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I completely understand where you're coming from. I went from 240 at my highest weight and eventually got down to 185. But lack of effort caused me to get back up to 196. I hate doing it alone and I'd love to join you in your weight loss journey! It's always better in numbers :)
  • Phatass62
    Phatass62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi i would love to join you .. i myself started 2 weeks ago at 400 pounds , ive lost 13 pounds ... i have a long long journey ahead of me but im sure i could do better with the encouragement of others than alone
  • ClaraKnepper
    ClaraKnepper Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I just decided to start losing some weight and I'd love to have some more friends to work on this with :) feel free to add me!
  • Brandi92809
    Brandi92809 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello! Nice to meet you! I am getting back on track too! I am Brandi from Georgia. We got this! ^_^