Weighing in before and after workout

Hey guys quick question that might be silly but none the less. For those who might do this do you keep the weigh you see when you weigh yourself right when you get up or after a workout? I don't eat breakfast before I workout, I only drink INKaged intraworkot during workouts. Woke up and was 192.2 and after my workout was 190. Should I roll with the 192 or 190 or does it really not even matter? Any input or feedback appreciated!!

Replies

• stephie59
    stephie59 Posts: 23 Member
    Personally, I go from how much I weigh in the morning
  • jessimacd
    jessimacd Posts: 53 Member
    I honestly think it's more about how long you've been fasting than the fact that you worked out. Because personally, I weigh MORE after a workout (drinking lots of water during and after workout/fluid retention). However, if I weigh myself at say, 8 am versus not until 11am (with no eating happening), I've been fasting for several hours more by 11am and likely will weigh less. So if you're getting up, weighing yourself, not eating, working out, and then weighing yourself again... You're going to weigh less at the second time, regardless of whether you've worked out or not... Because you've been fasting longer.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    weigh first thing in the morning after you use the bathroom. either in your underwear or naked.weight fluctuates often, and after a workout if you weigh less it most likely going to be due to water loss from sweating.go with the 192.2 .
  • lonragland24
    lonragland24 Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks guys. Makes sense and I agree
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    I don't ever weigh before or after a workout because that number is meaningless to me. I don't care about water lost in a workout. I weigh in the morning, every day, after peeing. That's it.
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    The only benefit of weighing before and after a workout is to calculate how much you sweat. This, of course is done for hydration purposes. A gallon of water weights 8.34. pounds. Round to 8 for ease of calculation. So, if you lost 2 pounds during exercise you sweated about 1/4 gallon, or one quart.

So, you should probably drink at least a quart of water to replenish your body to stay hydrated. This may also give you an idea of perhaps, drinking a quart of water before you work out thus staying better hydrated and achieving better performance.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    For weight loss the key thing is to weigh under consistent conditions. Usually that is right after you get out of bed. I've also found that weighing right after a workout gives me similar numbers to what I see right after getting out of bed, but in the Summer they tend to be a little lower because I sweat more. There's going to be fluctuation no matter when you weigh, but it will tend to be greater after you eat.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Weigh yourself the same time every day and use a weight trend app like Libra. Don't weigh yourself after exercise because this is usually water weight loss.