And the Journey Continues...

Options
This is not my first rodeo but I hope its my last. I've been on this healthy life style journey since I hit puberty. I should be a pro by now. I could write my own book. My only problem is I still haven't mastered the technique of consistency. I can hop on the horse but I don't ride for very long. I never stick to the healthy lifestyle. I think it has a lot to do with how I was raised and surrounding myself with people who don't support my life style change. My biggest enabler is my mother. She did teach me most of my unhealthy habits. She is very sick due to her reckless lifestyle, you would think I wouldn't want to follow her footsteps but I'm heading there really fast and my future does not look good. I still have a chance I better do something today! My story began on May 16, 2012. I stepped on the scale and what my eyes seen was devastating. I had never seen a number on the scale that high. I was well over 300lbs...WOW! So I decided to make a change and that is were my roller coaster of weight loss began. Ive had so many ups and downs its been a wild ride. As of May 01, 2016 I was at my lowest weight in 4 years. I had lost an amazing 77lbs. I was so proud I was almost at 100lb lost. I was telling everyone and I was so proud of myself but life happened and stress/depression kicked in and since May 01, 2016 I have gained back 27lbs. I am still down 49lbs from where I started from and I'm in a better place right now in my life. I'm ready to hop back on that horse and ride it into the sunset. I'm always open to supporting friends. We can motivate and encourage each other. Cheers to the healthy life. We got this!

Replies

• Neckita
    Neckita Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! You can do this!!! All I can say is stay active and eat fresh. :)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,100 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
    It's amazing you lost so much weight!
    But like you say life happens but there's no shame in taking a break for the benefit of your mental health, as that will hinder you the most!

But look at you now! You're back and ready to go!
    You're already committed to change because you've come back!
    I found that accepting that this is for life and not until my weights at its target made it easier for me to do.
    As I found when I stop I just pile on the pounds again.
    So I'll be doing this forever!

Plus the long you do it the better it gets!
    For example I'm on 1200 cals a day
    But when I reach my target weight I can then eat 2000 to maintain
    That's and extra 800 cals! So I can have more of a luxury!
    I can't wait until the day I can eat a donut 100% guilt free!

Good luck!