Help

Options
Need to exercise at home and my right leg can't bend due to injury since 2008 . Need any tips on what to buy to start off with . I.e. Weights, exercise ball , Thank you in advance

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercises has your doctor or PT told you to try?
  • lindafit4life21
    lindafit4life21 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    They haven't yet and I don't do PT it's a shame that when it happened to me I wasn't taken care of
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    How many degrees can you bend your knee, and does it hurt?
  • lindafit4life21
    Options
    Can't do squats. Can bend it half way thou it hurts
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    just to give you a little background on myself 56 year old male. Double hip replacement arthritic knee and shoulder that both need to be replaced. I also have a bad back.

Without knowing your age weight or exercisabilities I can't tell you what to do.
    My suggestion to you is you really need to see an orthopedist and a physical therapist. They could prescribe an exercise routine based on your injuries. My suggestion to you is don't listen to anybody on this website or use dr. Google they don't know what they are talking about and even if they're trying to be helpful they could tell you to do something that can really hurt you bad.

Once she figured out what's wrong with your knee and you have a prescribed path of exercises just follow that. You'll be surprised at what you can do overtime. I'm a big fan of Tony Horton two years ago I started P90X period due due to my limitations I had to modify a lot of the routines. He also has a workout routine core Plyometrics which is a lot of jumping. Two years ago I couldn't mentally or physically picture myself doing a jumping spin. Last week I did a full 360 mid air spin.

• lindafit4life21
    Options
    Thanks guys I'm 54 and have a tibia plateau fracture right knee . I'm ok walking for a bit not more than 3 Miles at a time . I've been to doctors but I think I'm going to see what works best for me and modified exercises will be good . All I can do is some workouts