Its so hard to stay focused

Options
leeplentiful
leeplentiful Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Basically I fluctuate between 155-180lbs ... and have done so my entire adult life. That may not sound like much weight, but Im only 5ft .....so the extra weight leaves me looking like a dumpling!!! Id love to be able to comfortably fit my outdated wardrobe ...but ITS SO HARD TO STAY FOCUSED!!! Ive turned my goal of being fit into a desire to stay healthy since I hate the gym!!! I need motivation and a push!!! I love cooking.... and I love drinking wine...which turns my nights into an all you can eat nightmare!!! So far Ive been able to cut down on the wine... which has helped me lose 15lbs ...but I need to increase the exercise!!! Its so hard to stay focused!!!!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    Hold on a minute. http://www.livestrong.com/article/1012878-biggest-loser-stars-couldnt-keep-weight-off/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=032017_mon_ed_m
    they couldn't keep the weight off because they took it off with highly focused intense exercise, which they could not maintain as an ongoing lifestyle.

Since you're new here, just focus on accurately and honestly recording all your eats and drinks in your food diary. You'll need to get a digital food scale. That's cheap. You'll need to learn how to use it. That's free.
    After a week or two of just recording what you're doing to maintain your dumplingness, you can understand personally the things you are willing to do for quite a long time which will convert you slowly into someone who isn't a dumpling. This isn't a diet that you do for a while. This is your real life.
  • leeplentiful
    leeplentiful Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That makes sense!!!! Thanks for the encouragement!!! I will try harder to log...especially when i dont do well to maintain my calorie goals.