if you eat after midnight does that count as the next day breakfast?

Options
Say you eat a meal at 1 am as dinner, would you enter it as breakfast or the dinner the day before?

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I also close the day when I go to sleep that night. If I'm out late and we eat a pizza at 2am it's still going to go under (technically) yesterday.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Personal preference. I admit that the idea of not following a strict 12 a.m. flip to the next day annoys me a bit but that's because I am a fussbudget. It truly is a matter of personal preference.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Only the weekly average deficit is important to me. You can count it as whatever you want.

I have erratic sleeping schedule sometimes. Sometimes I have lunch at 1am. It doesn't matter where I log it. In general I count the day by when I sleep.
  • LoolaHoola
    LoolaHoola Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Think of it like this: Your body does not run on a clock. It never stops! In the end it all depends how many calories you consumed total in the two days. So just as people have said before, it doesn't matter.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    it really does not make a difference.
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Like mrsnattybulking, the day ends for me when I go to sleep. But as others have said, it doesn't matter
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I divide the day by when I sleep for the night, not midnight on the clock.

Same here.

We can track calories per week as well, which helps with that.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I would log it under snacks on the previous day. Like others I don't consider it a new day until I've gone to bed haha.
  • jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm like many others, the day ends when I go to sleep rather than at midnight. If I were eating late at night (definitely done it) I would count it as whatever day it was when I got up in the morning.
  • KINGLUNIC
    KINGLUNIC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I been wondering this but the technical term is breakfast. when you get ready for the next day and you have a sedated sleep, I start counting the calories when I wake up. My Macros. My dietician says after 12 is next day. But I fast 16 hours and sometimes that 8 hour window dont work.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    KINGLUNIC wrote: »
    I been wondering this but the technical term is breakfast. when you get ready for the next day and you have a sedated sleep, I start counting the calories when I wake up. My Macros. My dietician says after 12 is next day. But I fast 16 hours and sometimes that 8 hour window dont work.

Doesnt matter what the technical term is - or even if you log what you eat for breakfast in the section called breakfast or somewhere else.

Not quite sure what your dietician is saying - I mean, yes, after 12 midnight it turns into the next day - that is how our timekeeping of days works :*

It really doesnt matter when you log anything or what you call it - as long as, on average, you are eating the correct amount of calories

• Godlord1488
    Godlord1488 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    usually for me.i dont count it unless it's like 4Am or something(i leave for gym at 5 30 as it opens at 6 where i live) .ill workout till 9 30 then head to work which starts at 10am till 5. then ill race back to gym for a half hour run. im usually fasting 5am-5pm with the exception of black coffee Bang or water and maybe a single raw cucumber.....eating window is 6-10pm anyone here get up st 1am bc they hungry also?:"( its a big habit i want to break.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,609 Member
    Options
    It really doesnt matter when you log anything or what you call it - as long as, on average, you are eating the correct amount of calories

QFT