Self Sabotage We Meet Again

Options
I lost 4 lbs last week and I did not stick to the "plan". I thought "Wow, imagine what you could do if you stuck with it." And THEN, the excuses began...next thing I know I'm eating combination lowmein and feeling crap. So here is sit drinking a detox tea, thinking of all of the other ways I can fail.

Am I the only one who does this?

Replies

• strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    No, I have previously done this in the past. But this time I am hoping to stick with it. I try to force myself to be aware of what I'm eating but not beating myself up over what I am eating for if I go over in calories. We are allowed to indulge and it doesn't make you a bad person. Just mean you try harder. Success doesn't come without failure. Remember that. So instead of bad mouthing yourself, encourage yourself. Think, I can do this! I got this! Because, you do!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I do this too! I step on the scale and when I see i've lost It's like my mind goes "oh hey, you can afford to eat this chocolate bar" and before I know it I'm off the wagon >.<
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    You are not alone, I can spend monday thru friday super motivated, under calories and working out. Lose water weight and a pound or two then throw it all way on the weekend only to hopefully restart on monday. This has been my cycle for last year or so even though I would like to lose another 15lbs. Every weekend I hope to do better I give myself pep talks in my head yet always seem to fail.
  • campoe30
    campoe30 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you were the only one who did this, the diet industry would not be making billions and zillions of dollars. That is why it is important not to beat yourself up when you fall, just call it a break and keep on going. Lifestyle, not diet.. that is what I keep telling myself.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Everyone has times they "give in" to temptation. You're human! I have learned to not feel so guilty when I eat something high calorie and move on. I actually plan a splurge meal every week, but sometimes that turns into 2 meals, I just try to enjoy what I ate and move on. I eat healthy through the week and work hard at the gym about 5 days a week, so when the weekend comes if I have 2 splurge meals rather than 1 - that is probably not going to kill me.
    The more you practice willpower and allow yourself to enjoy different foods the better you will get. You will find a good balance. Just keep going.