Funny, but not-so funny question....

Options
As some of you may remember, a friend of mine is writing a book based on her struggles with her weight. She has been doing alot of research and polling both men and women with certain questions and I found this to be an interesting one that really makes you think.

Would you rather be overweight and very attractive OR skinny but very unattractive????
I still don't know my answer :ohwell:

Love to know your thoughts :smile:

Replies

• nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    As some of you may remember, a friend of mine is writing a book based on her struggles with her weight. She has been doing alot of research and polling both men and women with certain questions and I found this to be an interesting one that really makes you think.

Would you rather be overweight and very attractive OR skinny but very unattractive????
    I still don't know my answer :ohwell:

Love to know your thoughts :smile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    True beauty is within

I would go with the fit and decent
    That falls between the overweight and skinny:happy:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I don't really want to be "skinny" but if skinny means at a healthy weight, then I would rather be that.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I would rather be a little overweight...that can be fixed :ohwell:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm overweight now and don't consider myself to be especially attractive so I'd rather be skinny and very unattractive. I don't know any of my family (parents, grandparents) that lived to be over the age of the mid 70's and I'd really like to live to at least 80. Being very unattractive isn't a hindrance to reaching that goal like being overweight is. It's the beauty that comes from inside that matters more than outward beauty anyway.
  • lifesaver
    lifesaver Posts: 132
    Options
    overweight and unattractive... because I could work it off haha.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Yup - I would go with the overweight and very attractive. A person can lose weight, generally, fairly easily (yeah, right. You know what I mean :laugh: ) But ugly is ugly!! My fav comeback to people who comment on my weight is yeah, I'm fat but your ugly and I can lose weight!!
  • Jewlz
    Jewlz Posts: 135
    Options
    I would rather be overwieght and pretty. but like she said true beauty is from within
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i would definately say overweight and very attractive. according to all the studies i am considered overweight, but don't really feel like it(at least not until i look at myself!:sad: ). i'm 5'5" and weigh about 180. but i do not look it(not to sound vain or anything:ohwell: ) but i still feel that i am attractive. i see to many people trying to be skinny because they think they will be more attractive but all they are doing is becoming less attractive. i know a girl from school (way back when! i'm 31 now she's about 28) she had ed problems back then, but now she is a mother of 2 and is going through it. she thinks she looks great but everyone that knows her is saying otherwise. she is maybe 100lbs. body looks like a 15 yr old but yet looks so aged. i just don't get it. i mean yeah i want to lose weight and definately need too and want to look good, but if it's me now or that then i'll stick with what i have as long as i stay healthy! i don't mean to offend anybody.:heart: plus i agree with the beauty within! you can be a beauty queen but if your a snot then nobody wants to be around you anyway!
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    Actually...

I'd rather be thin and unattractive...
    Why?

Because I'd be healthier...

And there's always make-up, right??
  • TwistedLiquid
    Options
    this is definately a chick question you can't be overweight and attractive thats bull.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    this is definately a chick question you can't be overweight and attractive thats bull.

:noway:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options

A lot of guys and girls would disagree!

I pick overweight and attractive. That way you could have hope to lose it and be thin with a pretty face.
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have seen many pretty overweight people. I choose overweight and attractive.
  • MontanaGirl
    Options

Only to a prejudiced male would that be bull. I've seen a lot of overweight people who were very attractive. Of both sexes. Obviously not you though, twisted.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I think many people are missing an important point - you can be healthy and overweight and unhealthy and skinny. Depends what you mean by each of these. Let's just use BMI for easy classification. Would I rather be 28 BMI and attractive - you bet! Would I rather be 45 BMI and attractive, not really.

It's been so long since I had an ideal BMI, I don't remember what it feels like :laugh: Even when I wasn't overweight, I was never "skinny".

All things being equal (healthy and the inability to change what I was), I would still rather be overweight. I think my husband likes a little cushion.
  • MontanaGirl
    Options
    I think the psycological reason behind the question is whether we would sacrafice to be thin or attractive. But, marywilldiet, you are correct in the "real" world. It is possible to be overweight and healthy. Overweight doesn't have to mean obese! And it is possible to be thin and unhealthy. But when you are only presented 2 options to chose from, you don't get to make up more options if the question is for research purposes :ohwell:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I think the psycological reason behind the question is whether we would sacrafice to be thin or attractive. But, marywilldiet, you are correct in the "real" world. It is possible to be overweight and healthy. Overweight doesn't have to mean obese! And it is possible to be thin and unhealthy. But when you are only presented 2 options to chose from, you don't get to make up more options if the question is for research purposes :ohwell:

Yep, I agree, but some people were saying they would rather be thin, because then they would be healthy.
  • carrierella
    carrierella Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I find the "this must be a chick question" ironic, actually.

The statement comes from an overweight man.

Does that mean all overweight men are as unattractive as you think all overweight women are?

There is no such thing as actual UGLINESS... unless it is exuded from a repulsive personality.

In Love,
    Carrie
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    i think ill take what i have .... pretty and overweight :tongue:
    j~