5'5 145 lbs looking for similair in fitness buddy

Options
hnahae
hnahae Posts: 38 Member
Hi I am new to the online community and looking for some friends for motivation, etc. I am currently around 145 and hoping to get back to my previous weight of 130. I already eat healthy and don't do too much sitting around. I work as a cna so I am always on my feet at work. I try to work out at least a half hour daily but that's the part I tend to slack off at. Some days I will get in an hour and then sometimes I will go a few days without doing anything. I just need someone to help keep me motivated, swap stories, exercise advice, etc.

Replies

• Ladyjens
    Ladyjens Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey there, I just joined and would love tips and advice and to swap stories as well! I am 5'8" an 150...mother of two...also spend a lot of time on my feet and try to eat balanced meals and snack healthy! I am quite hippy and wear a size 15 in junior jeans...my goal is to walk into any store and slip on an 11 with no wiggling or sucking in :) What kind of work out are you doing?
  • hnahae
    Options
    I use the elliptical machine and also do crunches on my yoga ball, when I am feeling extra enthusiastic I do sets of squats and interval jogging on the treadmill
  • KuraKaze
    KuraKaze Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I apparently joined this site a couple years ago when I hit a peak in my weight (I think I was close to 160lbs) and then completely forgot about it after a while and losing a few pounds. I recently rejoined and this time around I'm definitely serious about sticking with the plan and keep going until I reach my goals.

I'm just under 5'5'' and about 133lbs now (was 140lbs only a couple weeks ago) and I'm really motivated to see that hard work and good diet does give results. I'm expecting to be hitting a plateau soon, since I know the beginning is always easy, but I'm definitely going to push through it this time. I am aiming to get under 120lbs eventually, because I was about 110lbs before university started and I want to graduate without taking that "freshmen 20" with me.

Since it's summer break and I more free time than usual, I've been working out a lot, at least an hour for 4 or 5 days a week. One thing that I found to be really easy and fast is skipping rope. If you are busy and can't get a lot of work out in, just skip rope for maybe 10-15 minutes straight before your shower and that's some amazing cardio. You can even do HIIT by skipping as fast as you can for 30 seconds and then slow down for 30 seconds and keep repeating. When I first started I can't even skip for a few minutes straight, but since then my cardio has gotten much better.

I do my workout when I wake up every morning and then I shower and go about the rest of my day. Get it out of the way early so that later on, you won't give yourself excuses (there's no time, I'm too tired etc.) and push it to the next day and the next day etc. One of my friend did a routine of everyday when she wakes up, she'll do 100 crunches and then shower, or do 15 minutes of skipping rope or jumping jacks or burpees or something etc. before her daily morning shower.

I log my food and activities (almost obsessively I think) everyday, so if you want we could swap stories and keep the motivation going.
  • hnahae
    Options
    Hey thanks so much for the advice with the jump rope. It's something I try to incorporate into my cardio at the gym but I am too shy to exercise around others so I generally skip to just the machines with my headphones in. But skipping rope I can easily do at home!
  • KuraKaze
    KuraKaze Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of great exercises that you can do at home. I used to be really shy about using the stuff at the gym because I'm not sure if I'm using it properly and I don't want to embarrass myself ^^;;

Have you tried doing stuff like burpees? They're so tiring but it's great cardio + strength at the same time. In bootcamp style training, they do stuff like burpee into sprawl into burpee into push up and repeat for 10 minutes, guarantee you'd be out of breath by the end of it. Jumping lunges is great too. All you need is a bit of space, easily done at home.
  • mariahays
    mariahays Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    5'4" with the same weight... feel free to add me... I workout from home, and fortunate to have a gym at the complex that we live in... so I started doing c25k (couch to 5K) run... very easy so far, then again, i did just complete week 1 :-). I do use dvd's to strength/cardio combo, and it seems to be working.