my muscle success (so far!)

Options
megjay18
megjay18 Posts: 78 Member
Since July 2015 (after my second kid) i've lost about 65 lbs. i've been trying to focus lately on building muscle but didn't feel like i was getting anywhere. Last night during my boxing class, I asked my boxing instructor why my knuckles get so torn up. He responded that he could tell I work out a lot and that I'm really strong, and that I just hit really hard and don't have callouses built up yet. It was kind of awesome to hear so I decided to dig up my "before" pics and finally do a comparison - you can definitely see progress! Just wanted to share because I'm so excited that I finally look strong and like a person that works out - and there's the obvious that I feel stronger and more in shape than I've ever been. But it IS nice having the outside match how I feel :)bzfrkho76co4.jpg

Replies

• lisasmith2831
    lisasmith2831 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference. Keep up the hard work it is paying off.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tickets to the GUNSHOW, you look great!
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    That is a huge difference! Your arms are amazing - all from boxing?
  • keysharanae
    keysharanae Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are awesome!
  • megjay18
    megjay18 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Actually just started boxing in January. Otherwise I do random classes at my gym and they all typically incorporate weights. I've been gradually hoping the weight as I go!
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    megjay18 wrote: »
    Since July 2015 (after my second kid) i've lost about 65 lbs. i've been trying to focus lately on building muscle but didn't feel like i was getting anywhere. Last night during my boxing class, I asked my boxing instructor why my knuckles get so torn up. He responded that he could tell I work out a lot and that I'm really strong, and that I just hit really hard and don't have callouses built up yet. It was kind of awesome to hear so I decided to dig up my "before" pics and finally do a comparison - you can definitely see progress! Just wanted to share because I'm so excited that I finally look strong and like a person that works out - and there's the obvious that I feel stronger and more in shape than I've ever been. But it IS nice having the outside match how I feel :)bzfrkho76co4.jpg

Great work @megjay18 even the look on your face is more determined than before! Your muscle tone is significantly different than the first picture. Also great that you noted you feel stronger and more in shape! Keep at it!
  • LonsyBoy
    LonsyBoy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! for a fuller arm look with definition focus on the triceps and shoulders :D I can send you a gym plan if you like
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Omg I'm your before but i want to be your after! I want those arms!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!