Apple Shape Body!

Options
2»

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a way to spot reduce, because i would stop losing weight on my boobs,collarbone,arms and my damn pinky toe lol aka all the places i do NOT need to lose weight from, and i could concentrate on my stubborn gut!

I'm hourglass shape and i still struggle with the midsection.

Ha yes seriously! That's why at this point I really have to just recomp.
    OP, I feel your pain. FWIW, I have had definite improvement in the belly area after getting to goal weight. Not perfect but better. From here, it's recomp so I don't keep getting too thin in other body parts.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    neice90 wrote: »
    sugar,cut down on your sugar and carbs.
    Apple and pear shape bodies tend to be caused by hormonal problems. Granted the body shape can come from genetics.
    cut out sugar and carbs and your hormones will balance out and stomach fat will melt. I'm an hourglass when I'm thin Apple when I gain weight from sugar and carbs both my favorite things ...lol

nope,cutting out sugar has nothing to do with body shape or how you lose fat. you gain from too many calories, I eat a lot of carbs and still lose weight,all thanks to a deficit.if you have a hormone imbalance you need to see a dr to see what the cause of it is. you cannot spot reduce fat.one should only cut sugar IF they have a health issue, or they want to cut it out.its not going to make a difference unless it results in a deficit.
  • BLawyered
    BLawyered Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was a pear as a young woman, but in my 60's I am an apple. As I lose weight the noticable loss is in my hips. Now I can't find clothes that fit right. The pants that fit my hips are so tight in the waist that I get a muffin top which makes my tops look terrible. When my pants fit the waist, they are all baggy in the hips and thighs.

As all you responders have assured us, I am carrying on patiently until finally my belly deflates. I have faith, but in the meanwhile I just look like an unmade bed.

Just imagine it was like that since you were 5 years old. Never being to keep your pants up. Constantly being asked if you are pregnant. Looking like there is a "load" in your pants. Cherry on the cake was being a teenager in the ultra low-rise jeans era... :(