i bought some chicken breast

Options
heyzoey
heyzoey Posts: 10 Member
how do you guys like to prepare your chicken breast? favourite seasonings? baked or grilled on a pan? share your recipes :)

Replies

• TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I LOVE grilling it and putting salsa on it. Maybe avocado. Maybe hot sauce. But definitely salsa.
  • heyzoey
    Options
    oooh i've never had chicken with salsa before! sounds amazing, will definitely try that soon!
  • TheRambler
    Options
    Zoey, you can be so creative with salsa. I want to try a Thai peanut sauce , soon. I do a lot of parmesan type dishes , too. I make a sauce on Sunday and use it for chicken dishes and turkey chili. Mmmmm
  • dboyes79
    dboyes79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I dump franks hot sauce on and bake!
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I make this all the time in the oven with soaked ancho chilis. The marinade is a lot so I usually split it in two packages and freeze one.

http://www.culinaryhill.com/chipotle-chicken/
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Crock-pot, dump in a jar of salsa and a packet of taco seasoning. Cook & shred the meat using a couple of forks. Meat for tacos, burritos, taco salads.

White bean chili : http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/white-bean-chili-0
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Not a big chicken breast guy as I prefer dark meat...but generally I keep a variety of marinades and spices on hand and use those depending on what I'm in the mood for and then fire up the grill. I'm far more likely to use thighs though.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    This is lunch for me this week, with 100 grams of red grapes added in. So good.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/pistachio-cinnamon-chicken-salad/
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Grilled, baked, fried (in as little oil as possible), steamed, boiled, you name it. I eat lots and lots of chicken breast and boneless chicken thighs. In the warmer months I prefer on the grill with some bbq rub/seasoning and sauce. In the colder months we usually bake ours with seasoning (same bbq seasoning if possible) and sauce as well if we want. We've boiled it in chicken broth until done, chopped it, add veggies and rice or noodles and make soup. Use less liquid and make a stew. Add dumplings. There are so many ways to fix chicken. I think the last time we put it in the slow cooker, went to work, got home and shredded it with taco seasoning and made chicken quesadillas and chicken tacos and nachos. Chicken = high in protein, low in calories. ;)
  • elizabethmcopeland
    elizabethmcopeland Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    my wife and i will grill a couple lbs of chicken breast every sunday with just a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

versatile and delish. grilling is amazing.
  • heyzoey
    Options
    these are all such good ideas! I love adding lemon preserves to mine before baking. I'm not sure the exact recipe my mom uses but she gave me a jar of crushed lemon preserves (something like this http://www.daringgourmet.com/how-to-make-preserved-lemons-moroccan-middle-eastern-cooking/) and it's super easy to add on top of chicken and fish and tastes amaaazing!
  • TheRambler
    Options
    heyzoey wrote: »
    these are all such good ideas! I love adding lemon preserves to mine before baking. I'm not sure the exact recipe my mom uses but she gave me a jar of crushed lemon preserves (something like this http://www.daringgourmet.com/how-to-make-preserved-lemons-moroccan-middle-eastern-cooking/) and it's super easy to add on top of chicken and fish and tastes amaaazing!

Ohhh. I'm gonna try that. Sounds amazing.
  • blue_belle_
    blue_belle_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I stick mine in the slow cooker with salsa or teriyaki sauce or veggies and curry and put it on low for 8 hours and shred it. Always super yummy and tender
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Brining. That's the best way to go.
  • jnic7594
    jnic7594 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Easy recipe and yummy. Use thin cuts of chicken or pound them flat.

HONEY CRUNCH CHICKEN
    1 1/4 lbs. boneless chicken parts, skin removed
    2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. reduced calorie mayonnaise
    1 1/2 oz. Grape Nuts cereal, crushed
    1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. honey
    Wash chicken and pat dry. Place in a small, shallow baking pan. Using a pastry brush, spread mayonnaise over both sides of chicken. Sprinkle crushed cereal evenly over top side of chicken. Drizzle evenly with honey. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Let chicken stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
  • SteadyDoinIt281
    SteadyDoinIt281 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Cilantro Lime Chicken

Toss a couple of chicken breasts, 3/4c coarse cut cilantro, 1/2 medium jalapeno (with or without seeds depending on your desired level of spice), 1 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp pepper, 2 diced garlic cloves, 1 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp honey, and 2 squeezed limes into a gallon ziploc. Prepare marinade while cooking dinner the night before, and let it soak until dinner the following night. Heat grill to 350-375, and let it cook to internal temp of 160-165 (roughly 25 minutes).

Serve with avocado, white or brown rice, and your preferred green veggie. Also can be used as a great fajita recipe.

It's one of our favorites and is an absolute go-to!
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Buy a George for man's grill. It will change your life. I will get one too.
  • tylerjeffrank
    tylerjeffrank Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Chicken cooked in a pan with olive oil. Mix teaspoon of honey with teaspoon of mustard, add cayenne and black pepper and pour over cooked breast
  • lisalu1028
    lisalu1028 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    George Foreman Grill!! Marinate thin chicken breasts in Webers Just Add Juice marinade (Lemon Pepper is Great) This marinade, you literally just add lemon juice- no oil. Marinate for 30 min and grill on the George Foreman! Delicious!