weight loss plateau???? so close to goal weight :(

Options
2»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Random dude drops in to say ashdeo is gorgeous.
  • ashdeo
    ashdeo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    CodyAnn81 wrote: »
    CodyAnn81 wrote: »
    ashdeo wrote: »
    Hi everyone!!

Thank you all for the advice, suggestions and support <3 I actually ate into my exercise calories (1602!!!) and surprisingly felt so much better!!! Never thought I would have an issue trying to eat MORE when for most of my life people have told me to eat less LOL. Today I did a FULL workout (30 mins Nike circuit, 40 mins HIIT cardio, arm training and 10.5K steps) and when I eat dinner, I usually still felt dead and struggled with hunger pangs in the middle of the night. So far, I feel pretty amazing post workout and no hunger pangs and it is almost 12:30 AM! Think i'm going to stop paying attention to the scale so much anymore and focus on inches lost (but of course, track in a healthy way and keep telling myself it is not a linear, set process!) Of course, it is one day and I haven't "fixed myself" but as we all know, we're all a work in progress, but a step in the right direction is good :) I will keep you all updated!

In my opinion, that's exactly what you needed to do! I understand how you feel on eating over your set calories. It's scary bc we've got it set in our heads that we can exceed that number or it'll be total failure ( or that was my thoughts anyways lol) but from the advice of a friend of mine that's been into body building for 20 plus years, he suggested for me to sometimes change up a meal or two for a couple of days then get back on track and it should kick start my weight loss again.
    Congrats to you for your progress!! You should be very proud of yourself!! Keep on keeping on!

** that we can't go over

Thank you so much for this! You know, when I was on spring break and eating my cultural food and going out with friends, drinking more, etc. and I came back and got back on track, I did notice I was able to reignite my weight loss for a bit! (From 148-150 to now 147-149). I thought it was a fluke, but now I will definitely try switching up my meals!
  • ashdeo
    Options
    Random dude drops in to say ashdeo is gorgeous.

haha thank u
  • oliviachoo
    oliviachoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You're getting lots of great advise. ..and it's great that you're eating more and feeling better.

Have you heard anything about intermittent fasting? Some of my friends did it when they were close to their goal weight. ..and it seemed to help. It's not a diet; it's more of an eating cycle and there are various schedules depending on your specifics. It sounds like you're really serious and focused on hitting your weight. So, throwing this out to you.
    Not to sound corny, but I've also noticed that enjoying the process really keeps down the anxiety of calorie-counting and numbers of weight loss. Anxiety and stress can really mess with your system. Get massages or find a self-care activity that allows you to enjoy the process. Find ways to limit your worry of making your goal and you may get there faster. Just my two cents. :)

Keep up your good work!
  • mrspett323
    mrspett323 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good job with your weightloss but you need to hide that scale and continue doing what you do because you at this point is letting it control your life. Sounds like you have scale obsession,you need to remember the scale is just a tool and part of the equation to calculate our progress. You may have loss inches,water fluctuation and some more. Do yourself that favor for awhile and stay off that scale please until you mentally can understand the process. The closer you get to the weight you need to be it does get harder but keep it going. You may not see results but others will. It's mental with that scale and you are gonna let it drive you crazy. My next weigh in is June because it will determine you from thinking you not working hard enough. I refuse to let that scale determine my attitude for the day. Find some goal clothes or buy a pair of goal jeans you would like to fit in and measure by them! Good luck
  • ashdeo
    Options
    oliviachoo wrote: »
    You're getting lots of great advise. ..and it's great that you're eating more and feeling better.

Have you heard anything about intermittent fasting? Some of my friends did it when they were close to their goal weight. ..and it seemed to help. It's not a diet; it's more of an eating cycle and there are various schedules depending on your specifics. It sounds like you're really serious and focused on hitting your weight. So, throwing this out to you.
    Not to sound corny, but I've also noticed that enjoying the process really keeps down the anxiety of calorie-counting and numbers of weight loss. Anxiety and stress can really mess with your system. Get massages or find a self-care activity that allows you to enjoy the process. Find ways to limit your worry of making your goal and you may get there faster. Just my two cents. :)

Keep up your good work!

I've been thinking about trying it out actually! But I worried about post fast ramifications (gaining back weight I've lost while doing it). I think I will do a test next week and keep updates!

So true. I realized I haven't enjoyed my accomplishments bc I'm so focused on getting to my goal. Will try more self care :)
  • ashdeo
    Options
    mrspett323 wrote: »
    Good job with your weightloss but you need to hide that scale and continue doing what you do because you at this point is letting it control your life. Sounds like you have scale obsession,you need to remember the scale is just a tool and part of the equation to calculate our progress. You may have loss inches,water fluctuation and some more. Do yourself that favor for awhile and stay off that scale please until you mentally can understand the process. The closer you get to the weight you need to be it does get harder but keep it going. You may not see results but others will. It's mental with that scale and you are gonna let it drive you crazy. My next weigh in is June because it will determine you from thinking you not working hard enough. I refuse to let that scale determine my attitude for the day. Find some goal clothes or buy a pair of goal jeans you would like to fit in and measure by them! Good luck

Do you weigh every two months? Honestly my scale does drive me INSANE. Thank god I have roommates who have been keeping me in check when they notice I'm getting out of hand. I've been using body measurements for a month and it has kept me much more sane.