Need Honest Advice

Hello everyone! I'm back. I am currently on Weight Watchers, and it's been working for me. I'm down 21.4 pounds so far! My question is this: should I continue WW or should I save the money and stick with Fitness Pal?

I was curious to see how WW points compared to calories. So, I entered everything I ate today into My Fitness Pal. Even though I'm 7 points over my "daily points" for today, I've only consumed 1,400 calories.

Please help! My WW renews in a few days, so I'd like to make a decision sooner rather than later.!thanks! :)

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Free is good. I like free. MFP is free.
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    I think that if MFP is something you'll stick with then get rid of WW. But if the meetings and regular contact are what's keeping you going then maybe give it a little more time. It really just depends on what really motivates you. :smile:
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Like @Chef_Barbell said, free is good! MFP isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it's pretty good and it works for a lot of people.

I've never used WW, but I guess it depends on WHY you felt it was a good fit for you and why it's been working. If the social and accountability side of things is important to you, as mentioned, then perhaps you want to stick with it.

If you want to use MFP instead, you're going to have to make sure you account for everything you consume - no more "free" fruit and veg, you'll need to log it all! You can certainly build up a group of friends on here for sociability, but the accountability is kind of limited - most people don't really have the time or inclination to motivate someone else when they're working on their own journey. However, there is a lot of support here and a lot of good advice.

I guess it depends on what you feel you need, personally, to help you achieve your goals. Perhaps you could make a list of pros and cons of each method?