Cellulite help!

Options
Hi Guys, Im a 25 year old female on my weight loss journey. But I have cellulte at the back of my legs and butt. I do quite a bit of exercises including squats...what else can help? creams? which ones? and has someone completely got rid of it?

Replies

• EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    That's where I collect fat, too. There are no creams or anything to get rid of cellulite except building muscle and losing fat. I think this will be the last place my fat hangs onto so it may be a long process for me (maybe you too) but that's the only way. I've seen success stories of people who have gone from saggy butts to beautiful muscular legs and backsides and that's my goal. I'm starting the Strong Curves program after I have this baby and I am expecting good results from that.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Even skinny people get cellulite! Ensuring you are adequately hydrated can help with the appearance, as can deep tissue massage.
  • FindingAwesome
    FindingAwesome Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is a part of life. Some women are blessed with more, some with less. Losing fat will reduce the appearance some, but it's one of those things that is largely out of your control.

I'm below goal weight, and I still have it.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    My cellulite definitely got better with weight training and lowering my BF%, but it is still there.
  • brittalexmoore
    brittalexmoore Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've got nothing to contribute, I just wanted to say how beautiful you are!! Sorry it's off topic lol
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I have super dry skin, so if anyone does have an excellent cream that did moisturize the skin enough to help with cellulite I would love to know. My skin needs help.
  • ndargy1977
    ndargy1977 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it....but I've heard good things about dry brushing!

Check out this article: https://wellnessmama.com/26717/dry-brushing-skin/
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I have super dry skin, so if anyone does have an excellent cream that did moisturize the skin enough to help with cellulite I would love to know. My skin needs help.

Moisturizer won't help the cellulite. Keeping hydrated (by drinking enough water) can have some effect.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    For dry skin I've found Aveeno helps. They have 3 formulas. I use the daily all over and the eczema formula during harsh winter on elbows that crack.
    As for cellulite there's nothing that fixes that. I've had cellulite since my 20's. Losing weight and weight training has helped but it's still there just not as much.
    Some people just get the short end of the stick genetics wise.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I've been using my exercise bike daily and even tho I've only lost 8 of my 40ish lbs so far I can tell a difference in my cellulite....hoping it only continues to improve because I'm right there with you!
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Anyone selling you any product, topical or otherwise, who says it will treat cellulite is ripping you off.

Cellulite happens when subcutaneous fat herniates through a layer of connective tissue near the bottom layer of your skin, and something like 90% of all post-pubescent women have at least some.

Weight loss might help, but there's no guarantee since we all have to carry at least some subcutaneous fat, and if the connective tissue has relaxed enough it simply won't be possible to eliminate enough of it to make the cellulite go away.