Options
2»

Replies

• Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Larissa_NY wrote: »
    VioletRojo wrote: »
    Seeing as I was mid set I wasn't going to move to another bar lol thats why I just did my sets when they rested.

And I would say they are daft, maybe it's just me, but when I pick a spot at the gym I usually try not to get in peoples way, especially when the gym is basically empty lol "they sit there every day" is no excuse when there is plenty of other places available :tongue:

As I stated, i don't think they were watching me or trying to be melicious so I obviously know they were not paying attention to me...i didnt say they were. Simply stating the situation was annoying :smile:

That's just it, they weren't paying attention to you. Most people aren't paying attention to others and are just focusing on themselves.

If they weren't, then they're idiots, and the OP is right to be annoyed. Being in the weight area isn't like strolling past the treadmills on your way to the elliptical. People are lifting heavy weights with no support. Being completely oblivious to where you are in relation to the people around you is the fastest way to injure yourself or someone else.

Also: see "lifting heavy weights with no support," above. Form is important. People need the mirrors for some exercises. Not blocking their view is important enough that it's explicitly written in the rules on the wall in my gym. It's also just a basic rule of gym etiquette.

Sure, the OP could have said something. But putting all the responsibility back on her implies that the two people in front of her have absolutely no responsibility for behaving courteously or safely, and that's bs. She wouldn't have to say anything if they weren't oblivious tools.

Alas, but this is life and sometimes you have to speak up to be heard. Oblivious tools or not.

I'm quite familiar with life, thanks. "Life" doesn't mean you aren't allowed to be annoyed by other people's idiocy. The OP handled herself just fine. It's okay for her to be pissed off when other people don't understand that there are basic safety precautions that need to be taken when iron is in play, because people get injured that way.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Seeing as I was mid set I wasn't going to move to another bar lol thats why I just did my sets when they rested.

And I would say they are daft, maybe it's just me, but when I pick a spot at the gym I usually try not to get in peoples way, especially when the gym is basically empty lol "they sit there every day" is no excuse when there is plenty of other places available :tongue:

As I stated, i don't think they were watching me or trying to be melicious so I obviously know they were not paying attention to me...i didnt say they were. Simply stating the situation was annoying :smile:

That's just it, they weren't paying attention to you. Most people aren't paying attention to others and are just focusing on themselves.

If they weren't, then they're idiots, and the OP is right to be annoyed. Being in the weight area isn't like strolling past the treadmills on your way to the elliptical. People are lifting heavy weights with no support. Being completely oblivious to where you are in relation to the people around you is the fastest way to injure yourself or someone else.

Also: see "lifting heavy weights with no support," above. Form is important. People need the mirrors for some exercises. Not blocking their view is important enough that it's explicitly written in the rules on the wall in my gym. It's also just a basic rule of gym etiquette.

Sure, the OP could have said something. But putting all the responsibility back on her implies that the two people in front of her have absolutely no responsibility for behaving courteously or safely, and that's bs. She wouldn't have to say anything if they weren't oblivious tools.

Alas, but this is life and sometimes you have to speak up to be heard. Oblivious tools or not.

I'm quite familiar with life, thanks. "Life" doesn't mean you aren't allowed to be annoyed by other people's idiocy. The OP handled herself just fine. It's okay for her to be pissed off when other people don't understand that there are basic safety precautions that need to be taken when iron is in play, because people get injured that way.

Not sure where anyone said she shouldn't be pissed. People just offered suggestions for next time. Life is better when you are not so pissed off all the time. *shrug*
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I find that videoing is a far better way to assess form than looking in the mirror. I've been known to give death stares when someone walks in front of my phone while it's recording.

Where people position themselves doesn't concern me at all. As long as they don't come close to my bars mid set. But then, most people in my gym know enough not to do that
  • CranstonJ2016
    CranstonJ2016 Posts: 142 Member
    Options

Not sure where anyone said she shouldn't be pissed. People just offered suggestions for next time. Life is better when you are not so pissed off all the time. *shrug*

I am not pissed off all the time, nor did I say I was pissed off to begin with :tongue:

I simply stated it was annoying. Not that I disliked them, or thought they didnt deserve to sit wherever they wanted to, or that I was pissed...I thought it odd and annoying they chose to workout where they did considering all the other free areas and the amount of available mirror space there was to work out.

No ones pissed, well I'm not. As I stated, I think twice now...I simply did my set when they rested so I could use the mirror to watch my form...I chose not to bring it up to them and because of that I altered my routine to accommodate when the mirror was free. I was annoyed...but now, seeing as its over 12hrs later I'm obviously over it. I was not going to unrack move and rerack when i was in the middle of a set...I just worked around it :smiley:

Wow how things progress in this "community" haha!

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

I am not pissed off all the time, nor did I say I was pissed off to begin with :tongue:

I simply stated it was annoying. Not that I disliked them, or thought they didnt deserve to sit wherever they wanted to, or that I was pissed...I thought it odd and annoying they chose to workout where they did considering all the other free areas and the amount of available mirror space there was to work out.

No ones pissed, well I'm not. As I stated, I think twice now...I simply did my set when they rested so I could use the mirror to watch my form...I chose not to bring it up to them and because of that I altered my routine to accommodate when the mirror was free. I was annoyed...but now, seeing as its over 12hrs later I'm obviously over it. I was not going to unrack move and rerack when i was in the middle of a set...I just worked around it :smiley:

Lol I am not the one who brought it up. I was responding. :)
  • CranstonJ2016
    CranstonJ2016 Posts: 142 Member
    Options

Lol I am not the one who brought it up. I was responding. :)

No problemo! :smiley: