Wedding in 4 months!!!!

Options
Hello everyone!
I am not new to MFP, however I have gained all the weight back :neutral: I was struggling with depression and anxiety and this had a lot to do with my weight gain. I am currently on medical treatment and ready to take my life back! I am getting married to the love of my life in August! I would like to lose as much weight as possible for our wedding. Hopefully by wedding day I can lose 30 lbs! Any other engaged MFP friends or anybody else, feel free to add me! Let's motivate each other!

Replies

• lindarpolk
    lindarpolk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm engaged too. We don't have a date set, but I also want to make as much progress as I can before the big day.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Congrats on engagement.
    30 lbs in 4 months is a lot. 4 months is 16 weeks so that is about 2lbs a week for 4 months and will be very hard to do sustainably. I know overly ambitious goals make me discouraged and i end up giving up. So i suggest 15 lbs that is very doable and you might exceed your goal.
  • Stephanie_skinny
    Stephanie_skinny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will take that into consideration!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Congrats on engagement.
    30 lbs in 4 months is a lot. 4 months is 16 weeks so that is about 2lbs a week for 4 months and will be very hard to do sustainably. I know overly ambitious goals make me discouraged and i end up giving up. So i suggest 15 lbs that is very doable and you might exceed your goal.

Ditto. Go ahead and eat for strength with the occasional junk and work out. You want to be healthy and enjoy your honeymoon not a sick size 5.
  • Stephanie_skinny
    Stephanie_skinny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I really appreciate all of yalls advice!