Back to Back Pregnancies

Options
nrbutton
nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
Hello All,

I'm 33 years old and am currently 23 days postpartum. My doctor cleared me last week to resume cardio after my 4th c-section on February 27th. My first two babies are 13 and 11. I had my 3rd June 2015 and less than two years later my 4th.

I've struggled with weight control since I was 13, always teetering between 140-200 lbs at 5'3". Found MFP 10 years ago and learned so much about weight loss and my body. There was always a magic number I wanted to see on the scale, but could never quite attain. I would love to weigh 120 like other girls my height, but unfortunately my frame would look gaunt and malnourished at 130. I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never get to see that number on the scale even though my measurements at 140 are perfect.

With this last pregnancy I was not able to work out because the gym in my small town went out of business. My husband and I bought a house in a larger city and I was able to join the local gym here last week. I gained 85 lbs total and lost 40 after I had the baby. I've still got 45 lbs to go to get back to my ideal weight of 140 lbs. The measurements mean more than anything to me and I know at 140 on my frame my measurements are 35/26/37. Currently my measurements are 38/33/45 so obviously I carry a bulk of my weight in my lower body consequently also where I build the most muscle as well :)

Looking forward to getting back in shape and read others weight loss journeys too

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Hi. Nice to meet you. You can do this. I'm a 34 yo mom of 3 and I'm taking it one day at a time to get to my goals. Give yourself til the end of this year to make this a lifestyle change.
  • nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Working out regularly and eating healthy actually was my lifestyle till last year when they closed my gym down. It's the unhealthy lifestyle of the last year that's been new. I've been very health conscious for about 11 years now

It's nice to meet you too, awesome profile pic btw