Coffee?

Options

Replies

• chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    For some reason this song became stuck in my head:

1213686143535.jpg_595.jpg

So yeah, never gonna give up my coffee! But I agree with other people, I now use almond milk and have weened off the sugar years ago. In fact, i'm drinking coffee right now and I love it!
    Did we just get Rick rolled?

And I drink coffee every day, sometimes several times a day. I'm addicted.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    OMG give up coffee no way I couldn't do that and artificial sweeteners aren't good for you so I don't go near those I have full cream milk and 1 sugar in my coffee I am not going to make the rest of my family suffer with coffee change as they have to put up with my diet change already but I have slowed down on my coffee intake for the day I used to have about 10 coffee's a day now its between 3 - 6 a day. I have lost 9lbs or 4kgs since I have joined this site
  • 123tryingtobefree
    Options
    I would never survive without my coffeeeee!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee and there would be no way in heck I would ever cut it out of my diet. I put a splash of skim or 1% milk in it and that's it.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    There are too many benefits to coffee to cut it out of my diet.

For starters, it prevents me from violently attacking other members of humanity prior to 9:00 a.m. It also has potassium, improves endurance, and tastes good.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I blend coffee, chocolate protein powder, and ice together for a delicious cold coffee. If you don't like cold, it's great when it's hot as well. Generally, I will drink this for breakfast or a mid day snack. Sometimes, I split the amount at breakfast and chill half of it for later. =) I think mfp would be a miserable place if we all had to give up our coffee! haha :drinker:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    You can try to pry it out of my cold dead hands. I'm only on my first cup of the day, so I find this whole thread offensive.

I drink mine black. On weekends or at restaurants I'll have a pack of splenda in it. Its mostly communal coffee area at work and its just easier to get on board with drinking it sans dairy.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you try and take away my coffee and i'll cut you
  • SRB8710
    SRB8710 Posts: 90
    Options
    I don't give up my coffee. I did however give up coffee/frappe's from fast food place or gas stations or anywhere where the calories might not be accurate. If I make it, I know what I use. :)
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I can live without donuts, brownies, and french fries, but don't you DARE try to take away my coffee!! lol

Several years ago I discovered CoffeeMate Hazelnut creamer and fell in love. I tried the Fat free version, but I just had to use more to get the color right. Then they came out with the Sugar Free version and that was awesome! Saved me tons of calories, as I used about 3 tbsp per cup at the time.
    Then I discovered the sugar free Torani coffee syrups. I could cut my creamer down to only 1 TBSP, when I added the Torani, saving me even more calories.
    When I went low carb last year, I finally ditched the CoffeeMate, and now I use 1 tsp of whole cream with the Torani syrup. only 45 cals per cup, and I drink 3 cups in the morning. There are so many other flavors of Torani SF, that now our kitchen looks like a Starbucks!

If I want a cup of decaf in the evening and don't have any calories left, I can drink coffee with just a pkt of Stevia and a couple shots of Torani and leave out the cream altogether. Zero cals!

Yeah, no reason to give up coffee. Just find ways to lower the cals that you put in it. :drinker:
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I drink 4 cups of coffee daily and have been for years. Most coffee is calorie free (unless you buy that Starbucks sugary crap) and is perfectly fine to drink even when you are watching calories. I used a little unsweetened almond milk and some Truvia in mine.
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've been working on cutting back on coffee and soda --- i drink my coffee black for the most part so if i have a cup every few days it doesn't matter --- i used to drink 2-3 cups a day and then sometimes at dunkin donuts, which would inevitably lead me to eating a boston creme donut or 2
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I drink anywhere between 2-5 cups of coffee a day and depending on what coffee I'm drinking it varies from black to half and half with sugar and have continued to lose.
  • lizjoan3
    lizjoan3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I add a sprinkle of cinnamon to my coffee..its supposed to speed up metabolism
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    They'll have to pry my coffee from my cold, dead hands... lol... I put 2 Equals and a splash of Coffeemate Peppermint Mocha creamer in it. and drink roughly two cups a day. Considering that some people (like myself) are pure evil without coffee... no reason to give it up. Just log those calories. :drinker:

Edited for typos.... oops... see, haven't finished my coffee this morning...
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I used to have to drink my coffee with two sugar cubes and a splash of milk.

Now I've started to enjoy the taste of coffee with just a splash (maybe a tbsp?) of creamer. 20 calories is a lot better than however many calories I was drinking before!
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee.....

Take it out of my diet??? Neva. Gonna. Happin'.

I did take you the super sweet, orgasmic goodness that Starbuck's has and switched with coffee with very little sugar and cream. Big difference in my weight loss when I did. But take it out completely? That there my friend is crazy talk since this is my only source of caffeine after removing sodas.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I've never gone on a diet and I've never stopped drinking coffee.
  • iammelli
    iammelli Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    black coffee with a sweetener and a little vanilla essence , 5 cals and wonderful!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yes, please, I will have some. Thank you.