All over the board: sound familiar?

Started eating clean in February and began braving the weighted area of my gym to see what lifting could do for me.
Im active about every day of the week: meaning I either hit the gym (ex do 10 min cardio, 30 min resistance) every other day or I run 1-1.5 mi at home/yoga to work on my core. My question is this: am I just wasting time without a certain fitness plan? Is this why i see snail like progress? Do i need to get on board with the rest of the universal lifting schedule (which ps please inform me what that is....because im only aware of chest day mondays)......

I need direction. I realize i work best with a tangible plan. Anyone have one? A good get-out-of-your-comfort-zone plan?

Im 5'7, 135lbs 20% body fat..... Looking to get about 13%, 125. Oh yea, and STRONGER because i have 3 boys that soon will be bigger than me.

Replies

• emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Presuming you are a bloke since you are comparing yourself to your sons.

Have you looked at Scooby's site?
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    Nope im the sons' mom who needs to keep up with the swimming, the playing, the fight busting :)
    I have looked scooby up for pull up training. Im constantly trying to work on upper body strength and his youtube video really broke it down well.

But i didnt see a breakdown of a specific training plan.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Bodybuilding.com has some great routines on it :) Otherwise the personal trainer who inducted me to my gym made a very simple plan for me - have you seen whether yours will?
  • emergencytennis
    Sorry, Scooby's is all I've got.

Trying to outdo your sons in physical prowess seems pointless.
  • lgomez75
    Ive had a session with a trainer at my gym. Hes great, but too $$. He set great goals for that particular day but not longterm. Will check out the site, thanks!
  • lgomez75
    Not outdo. It was more tongue and cheek. The boys keep me busy and i love being active with them (theyre 9,7,&2)
  • emergencytennis
    Not outdo. It was more tongue and cheek. The boys keep me busy and i love being active with them (theyre 9,7,&2)

Haha, my boys have just gone past me in height, but I can still out-wrestle them. I give myself a year.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Have you looked at the New Rules of Lifting for Women? It's pretty popular and I believe there is a group on here you can join. Strong lifts 5x5 is also popular but I've never tried it.