Spaghetti

Options
I'm using the recipe builder for spaghetti in my ninja baker using the uncooked spaghetti. Is the grams on the box going to work in the recipe builder or would it be more once cooked? Thanks!

Replies

• NoAnalHere
    NoAnalHere Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    - just a opinion, may not be correct -
    The grams on the box works for the accurate calorie count. Let's say 56g uncooked = 210 calories. But when cooked your serving weight of spaghetti is not 56g.

So an idea is how many servings in the recipe divided by the weight of it cooked should be your serving size.

What I personally do (which is likely wrong) I measured out my barilla cooked pasta weight once and generally know how much my pasta should weigh. My noodles cooked is about 5 oz so I know if I'm making a meal for many my pasta size is still 5oz plus the weight of the other ingredients I put in.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    The calorie count for your pasta on the package is dry so weigh dry, cook it and if you consume it, you've consumed x amount of calories.

If you are making multiple servings, then add in all your ingredients and divide it by how ever many servings you are making OR weigh the finished product in grams and use that as your servings, so if you eat 200g, then you log 200 servings.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Natso29
    Natso29 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    weigh the finished product in grams and use that as your servings, so if you eat 200g, then you log 200 servings.

This is SUCH a great idea, thank you!!!