Omron Body Fat Monitor-Montreal

Options
Is there anyone in the montreal area that knows where I can buy an omron body fat monitor? I have been to almost every sports store and to no avail!!!

Thank you.

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    They're not very accurate in measuring body fat but have you tried on Amazon?
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I work next to Omron in Lake Forest and picked up a monitor - I spoke with one of the design engineers on how best to use this. They can be very accurate, but this depends on your behavior. If you use the device as directed you can get the same level of accuracy as a full body scan.

I have access to a full body scanner and the results are within margin of error.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Mine is very consistent if I measure first thing in the morning naked...accuracy is not as important to me since consistency will work for tracking up/down trends...I got mine on Amazon, love internet shopping!
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have one of these...and I've noticed you do have to be careful about "using it the same way" from day to day or it can show a ridiculously different result. For example, if you take a measurement before and after the shower you're probably going to get a different result. Or...from using the restroom. Maybe...from having water in the morning before you take your measurement. You can also get a different result if you hold your arms at a different angle to your body, or if your elbows are bent to a different degree...or if you grip it with a different amount of strength. Or if your hands are sweaty...

That said...it will seem to display a consistent result for me, personally...if I do everything the same when I take a measurement.