Opinions from the guys

Options
13»

Replies

• klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Sorry, nosy female here LOL!!

Since you said he likes to play video games, try playing with him! I'm sure he'll get a good laugh and appreciate that you are trying to do something with him that he likes.

I agree with this one, even if I'm not a guy. I have found that most guys love it when their SO shows an interest in their hobbies.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    klkarlen wrote: »

Since you said he likes to play video games, try playing with him! I'm sure he'll get a good laugh and appreciate that you are trying to do something with him that he likes.

I agree with this one, even if I'm not a guy. I have found that most guys love it when their SO shows an interest in their hobbies.

My wife and I spent most of the weekend playing Diablo3 on xBox :)

If possible surprise him at the office. Wear only a coat. Give him a tiny "accidental" glimpse ...

Tell him to get a babysitter.

Then when he gets home and your daughter is at the babysitter, make it all about him. You will thank yourself later.

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Wait, wasn't this thread closed?
  • JustMissTracyToo
    JustMissTracyToo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yup...an out of context hug or smooch usually makes my man smile.....also, just complimenting him makes him feel good....praising him on anything really makes his day (carpentry projects he may be working on, dishes he did, getting up in the morning without me having to nag)....When he hears me speaking well of him to anyone, I can see the look of pride on his face so I make a point of saying things like "He's my best friend" or "The love of my life" to anyone who wants to listen.

And also
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    klkarlen wrote: »

My wife and I spent most of the weekend playing Diablo3 on xBox :)

If possible surprise him at the office. Wear only a coat. Give him a tiny "accidental" glimpse ...

Tell him to get a babysitter.

Then when he gets home and your daughter is at the babysitter, make it all about him. You will thank yourself later.

This is perfect!
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I don't ask much, and don't speak for the rest of the guys. Just having her participate, and support in the things I like or want to do.

So, just do the things he enjoys even if you don't like it. Pretend to show interest he has at least.

It's true what they say, to win a man is through his stomach. But the thoughts count a lot. :)
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, and our marriage was still in its infancy I liked video games and the wife did not play them. There were times when she would do the same, give me time to play while she did something else, and that was fine but it really didn't do much for our relationship. What helped the most was she learned to play games with me, we bought her a PC matching mine, and we chose games that were multiplayer to play together. Granted, you have to watch it if you have children, and don't take time away from them, but when you both want to do something together and it's something you both enjoy it can be fun. Just a thought. My wife and I get very little time these days to play games, she works and I do too, so we watch our favorite TV series together or movies in the evening before bed and eat dinner together. On the weekends we spend time with each other or our children and grand children but still rarely get time to play games together. But we do on occasion and it's fun. If you have a hobby and he could learn it as well and might enjoy it, suggest it as well. Do things together, not apart.

Beyond that, a back/neck massage, having dinner ready, etc. besides the obvious things you can't do around your daughter. One thing that we realized (and we've been married for 28 years) is that attention is a two way street. When one of you feels they aren't getting enough attention, it's likely that same person hasn't been showing enough attention to the other. So instead of waiting for it to happen if you are feeling deprived, flip that coin and give the attention to your spouse and you'll find it gets returned unless there is something else wrong. Just remember it's on both of you to show each other attention. If one is over worked, or stressed, the other can help and should by taking up the slack. That can be housework (and yes I do my share), cooking dinner (I think I cook more often than my wife) or even in the bedroom. It doesn't matter what it is, it's a two way street, and if you both approach it that way you'll have a long lasting marriage.

Anyway, just my .02.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    kiqqubsk7erz.jpg

If you really want to make his day, make him feel desired and appreciated. I am sure you can figure out the rest.

The cake is a nice gesture too.