afraid of measuring

Options
2»

Replies

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Measuring and weighing is always enlightening. Don't think about it as scary, think about it as educational and a good start to your journey :smile: it doesn't have to be a negative thing so don't make it one. Measure and learn about what an appropriate portion or serving size is. And it's ok to be a little bit hungry sometimes and if you're too hungry than just tweak it and if not, just go with it. Once you start losing weight you won't feel hungry anymore with a regular portion size. When I first started losing a lot of weight I used to get worried because I would get full so fast on a small amount of food, once I was full I'd think "well now what, it tastes good, I want to keep eating..." but that's what got me overweight in the first place so I had to change that way of thinking. Keep it simple. Like someone else said, eat foods that are lower calorie but nutrient dense. Lotts of veggies help too!
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure and if I don't I at least guess at the measurements as closely as I can and log accordingly. I've lost weight before - and gained it all back. Guess what - I stopped weighing and measuring. I think it's vital to know what the servings should be and you may surprise yourself.

As for being "full", I've decided "full" isn't as important as "satisfied".