office job sucks

Options
JustDoIt987
JustDoIt987 Posts: 120 Member
Hi everyone !
I've been really stressed out lately. I started to look for jobs and finally got a job ! But I soo hate it :( I am stuck in an office , sitting down from 8 till 5 and I just can't stand it.
I really want to get a job that I like , but I feel like 90% of the jobs that pay well consist of sitting in an office.
What's your jobs like ? And what would you do if you were in this position ?

Replies

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I'm unemployed so can't help you here.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I'm an accountant, so yeah sitting in front of a computer is a large part of my job. Get up and walk around once every hour. Walk during your lunch. Go outside and just sit in the sunshine if it's nice. Otherwise the drudgery does get old. I just know I have to get my activity in either before or after work, because it sure as *kitten* won't happen during the workday! If that doesn't work for you, consider a career move to a more active position.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I've done physical jobs (veterinary technician and practice manager) where I was on my feet and moving 10-12hrs per day and office jobs (currently). Some days I prefer the movement, other days I love to just sit. Now I get up every hour and do a quick walk around the office suite and try to walk a bit on my short lunch break. I know it gets boring, but the pay is good and it's super low stress for a M-F job.
  • HoldTheDoor13
    HoldTheDoor13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I get paid to take care of an abandoned government site. It's out in the bush and pretty spooky. It's great. I pretty much just watch Netflix, pretend to do Kung fu and chill out with the bandicoots that live here.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I get paid to take care of an abandoned government site. It's out in the bush and pretty spooky. It's great. I pretty much just watch Netflix, pretend to do Kung fu and chill out with the bandicoots that live here.

not a bad gig for someone who defeated the Emperial Forces
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I have had an office job/desk job for the last 10 years or more, it was boring at first but I got used to it. Now I get up really early, do a good workout, then get ready for work, eat breakfast, and go to work. I get my exercise in early and don't feel bad about sitting the rest of the day. Give it a try. It'll also wake you up for the day and give you tons of energy.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Go gym after work. Work is work, training is training. I work from very early in the morning, and go gym late evening.