I want a bigger butt!

Options
2»

Replies

• dudebro200
    dudebro200 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    What do you mean by early (1-3 years old) nutrition?

I believe the Florida longitudinal study showed that breast milk vs. formula fed had a lifelong effects mostly in brain development and mental sharpness. I don't think it's a reach to suggest that physical development is also affected, but it is my own theory.

• trickeydesigns
    trickeydesigns Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    PANCAKE BUTT!! Well my daughter says I have a pancake butt! And I definitely don't get any help from genetics. Is it possible to build a booty with poor genes?
  • sammyjo0218
    sammyjo0218 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Plyometrics and sprints will help activate and strengthen glutes muscles. Vary it up with weight and tempo. Some other moves to do would be glute bridges, deadlifts, walking lunges and curtsy lunge, step ups, kettlebell swings, side band walks, and cable kickbacks.. on lower body day try starting it with something glute intensive, activate them then get started on your compound work. And make sure you pay attention to foot placement. You'll have to readjust your form if your hamstrings feel some tightness.
  • ca11herAlaska
    ca11herAlaska Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Heavy barbell hip thrusts! I'm talking your bodyweight or more on the bar, if possible. You'll think you look very silly, and people will stare at you, but they work! Unlike the squat, it's impossible to use your quads, and I got great results.

I also found that heavy deadlifts did a lot for my glutes.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Bret Contreras
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I want to build a bigger, rounder bum. I've been doing weighted squats and lunges for a year now and have seen results, but not to the degree I had hoped. What exercises are gonna help me speed up this process most effectively? Any insight is appreciated.

Do band work (kneeling kick backs, standing kick backs, lying abductions, side walk, sumo walk, clamshells, etc.) pre and post work out to get those glutes activated. You can even use bands while doing squats and thrusts to further work the glute muscles. Once you do this enough, you'll be able to activate them on your own and feel them a bit more in the movements. I suggest heavy hip thrusts, dead lifts, curtsy press or lunge (I prefer the press, I can't do the lunge due to a foot issue) and front-stance leg press as well if you aren't already doing them. Building a booty takes time. I've been working for 2 years and still am not where I want to be. Be patient, feed your muscles, and it will come.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    PANCAKE BUTT!! Well my daughter says I have a pancake butt! And I definitely don't get any help from genetics. Is it possible to build a booty with poor genes?

Real talk - it's certainly always possible to improve upon what we have, but in the end we're all bound by our genetics to some extent. IOW, you can make what you have better, but you can't make it something it's not. The girls with the big "bootylicious" butts were either born with those genetics or had plastic surgery to get them that way.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    dudebro200 wrote: »
    I want to build a bigger, rounder bum. I've been doing weighted squats and lunges for a year now and have seen results, but not to the degree I had hoped. What exercises are gonna help me speed up this process most effectively? Any insight is appreciated.

If you have been doing squats and lunges, consistently, for a year, you have probably already seen the most significant results you will ever see.

If you really want a larger butt, the next step is a site enhancing oil like synthol or surgery. Not trying to troll here or give outright horrible advice. This is just reality. Your lean body shape is determined by genetics, prenatal conditions, and early (1-3 years old) nutrition. All of which are 100% out of your control. Have a realistic goal.

Eh, I saw my most significant results when I changed up my routine, educated myself further on how muscles grow and develop, and also ate more. That was almost a year and a half into lifting and I gained an inch-and-a-half within a few months. Not sure how much of that is just constant pump, but still. You can grow a butt, maybe not a giant bubble butt from a pancake but after dedication and finding out the proper way to activate glutes and fuel your body (i.e. I can gain on 1,600 calories no cardio, someone else might need upwards of 2,500 calories) you can add muscle and build some type of shape.
  • savannahbrown22
    savannahbrown22 Posts: 0 Member
    Options
    Try courtesy squats and if you go gym, use the hip abductor machine standing up