When Do You First Notice Your Weight Loss?

Options
After how many pounds of loss, did you look in the mirror and go "Damn! I's starting to look amazing!"?

Replies

• Jazzberry91
    Jazzberry91 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have lost around 14 so far and I can feel my waist getting smaller (for example, I have to put my hands closer to my body to have my hand on my hip) however, I am having trouble SEEING it yet. Hopefully soon tho!
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    It was when I had to first take in my belt, and then buy a new one because I'd run out of notches.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I started at 211 (a few times!) I can significantly feel and see the difference in the way my clothes fit after 10 lbs (for example, being able to wear certain jeans without wearing a baggy shirt to cover a muffin top). Noticing it just in my body, without the help of how clothes fit...that was around the 20 lb mark and I noticed it primarily in my face.
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    recently lost 8-9 lbs and i notice my clothes fitting more properly (not sausage-tight) and my face seems a touch thinner.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I still don't really see it and I've lost 60+ lbs. however, I started to feel it when my clothes were falling off me. I skipped a size completely.
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    brettr23 wrote: »
    They say acquaintances it takes 4 weeks, family it takes 8 and yourself it takes 12

I feel the opposite! I noticed after about five or 6 pounds in my face. Now another couple pounds down my clothes are definitely fitting differently. My mother would notice after probably only three pounds up or down! I have yet for any friends or acquaintances to make a comment so who knows.
  • hollyrinehart4883
    hollyrinehart4883 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I first noticed when I began to buy clothing from the non-plus sections of stores.
  • 2thelimit2017
    2thelimit2017 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I started at 140kg and really started to notice it at around 130kg when I could start tying my own shoelaces without feeling like I'd have a heart attack! I stuck to an 800 calorie per day diet for 6 months and the fat fell off me. Today I am 100kg and want to get to 90kg in the next few months. I am now weight lifting and now I'm in another phase of fitness where my muscles are starting to bulk and show :)
  • dangerousmezzo
    dangerousmezzo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started at 322 and am really noticing a change now at 295, after 27 pounds. There's less of my stomach, my face looks a little leaner, too.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It took me about 10 lbs to notice my clothes fitting better, and about 15 to start seeing a difference in the mirror. I'm now down 26, and I feel so much better, and I can wear clothes I haven't wore in 2 years. I have 14-19 to go for my 130-135 lb range that I'm aiming for, but I think I already look pretty good considering the 173 I started at.
  • cbillings78
    cbillings78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Have lost over 50 and don't feel much different and no one has noticed.Due to anxiety issues I tend to wear tight compression clothes so haven't changed sizes so much as used up less of there stretch capability
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!