I take Allì, it is NOT a shortcut!

Options
2»

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    It's certainly an easy way to poop river.....
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If you still have to eat right and exercise...what in the hell is the Alli for? Take as much time as you want, I got all day. *crickets chirp*
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sharting in public is just not high in my list of things I want to have happen.
  • alphapackleader17
    alphapackleader17 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The point of my post was to point out that it is not okay to shame someone because their journey is not the same. And to the "posts:1" person, I have been on MFP before under a different user name. This is my first post under my current user name. Folks, this isn't my first rodeo. I have lost weight in the past with no "intervention". I also did my homework so I went into this knowing there could be treatment effects and so on. Alli is not a permanent solution to my weight loss (I know this) but rather a jumping off point. It still takes a great deal of work on my part. And FYI: It is not an excuse to eat fatty meals, and I don't fear fat because of the Alli. I have to train my brain again after being off my game for almost two years (was in a serious car accident that almost ended my life and injured the whole right side of my body). I have tried diet and exercise alone for most of my life and failed. This is a trial and so far it is working. Poke fun all you want (it's nothing new to me, remember, I am a fat person
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I have used various questionable fat burners in conjuction with diet and exercise, do what you want. Ultimately what helps you stay the course is the best option.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    The point of my post was to point out that it is not okay to shame someone because their journey is not the same. And to the "posts:1" person, I have been on MFP before under a different user name. This is my first post under my current user name. Folks, this isn't my first rodeo. I have lost weight in the past with no "intervention". I also did my homework so I went into this knowing there could be treatment effects and so on. Alli is not a permanent solution to my weight loss (I know this) but rather a jumping off point. It still takes a great deal of work on my part. And FYI: It is not an excuse to eat fatty meals, and I don't fear fat because of the Alli. I have to train my brain again after being off my game for almost two years (was in a serious car accident that almost ended my life and injured the whole right side of my body). I have tried diet and exercise alone for most of my life and failed. This is a trial and so far it is working. Poke fun all you want (it's nothing new to me, remember, I am a fat person

I feel like this should have been part of your original post.
    Also - I have posted once on these threads - ONCE. When I was a newbie (2013) and it was asking a question about cheat meals and I got beat up for using the word cheat back then. I have not posted anything else - because for 1. I am like you said -confident in myself and can do my own research from actual professionals and doctors 2. MFP users think their way is 'the only way' and some are just jerks 3. Again - most of these people are not professionals, which is fine if you're just asking for an opinion or their story or like me just like to read and interact a little. As far as Alli, it doesn't sound like something I would want to take, however I have always been healthy. I totally agree, that some of the users are jerks but some are supportive. I hope you get results and I wish you well :smile:
  • alphapackleader17
    alphapackleader17 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I try not to post a lot. I find that there will always be someone that will try to drag everyone. Regardless, I still think everyone deserves support. I am doing what I can. I also want to be there for others. Losing weight and trying to gain weight can be a huge battle. It is mental, physical, and a lot of times visceral. How we get there is only part of the journey. If we have no one that is willing to walk with us the journey can be lonely and long.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options

That's the one! Thanks!

ETA: LOL. And I was the last one to comment on it in December.

I read it.. and oh my word. I considered this a few years ago. Thank heavens I never did.. EEK!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    When posting on these forums, you may not likely get the comments you're looking for. And some come across as rude. But in my opinion, I can take constructive criticism or be open minded enough to accept the comments. I also know that I've never met anyone on here. If I've done my research, I don't need anyone to agree with me. I know I'm doing what's best for me. In saying that, I don't really care what anyone thinks. I don't need validation. I truly don't think most people aren't trying to be ugly. When you post, they're giving their advice or opinion. If it works for you, that's awesome.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Serious question OP, what response were you looking for/expecting?
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My neighbour recently took it, which was a very short lived experience before she through it in the trash.... And she's a nurse, has zero excuse for falling for this stuff!

I'll just leave this here, instead of going into detail :explode:

hy1znsyphoet.jpg

Hahaha, a Rorschach - someone want to take a stab at this? Lol

OP- this is a journey and you'll have to figure out what's best and works for you. I, myself, do believe Alli is a marketing gimmick (by taking Alli you *have* to fear fat or there are repercussions), and it definitely isn't an easy way out - if anything I would think it would add unnecessary stess. But your life, your trials & errors. Good luck.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Erfw7471 wrote: »
    My neighbour recently took it, which was a very short lived experience before she through it in the trash.... And she's a nurse, has zero excuse for falling for this stuff!

I'll just leave this here, instead of going into detail :explode:

hy1znsyphoet.jpg

Hahaha, a Rorschach - someone want to take a stab at this? Lol

OP- this is a journey and you'll have to figure out what's best and works for you. I, myself, do believe Alli is a marketing gimmick (by taking Alli you *have* to fear fat or there are repercussions), and it definitely isn't an easy way out - if anything I would think it would add unnecessary stess. But your life, your trials & errors. Good luck.

Left: Frog
    Right: Christmas wreath in front of a large bow
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Left- Ladybug
    Right- Cockroach

Am i crazy? :worried::wink:
  • MySweetLavinia
    MySweetLavinia Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was definitely thinking cockroach for the right one, too. The left reminds me of an alien holding out its arms for a hug.

To the OP: as with most things in life, people have really strong opinions about weight loss and what is the "one true way" to do it. But the truth is, unless a person is doing something harmful, there is no wrong way- so long as it's working. Find what works for you and ignore the naysayers. Concentrate on the people who support you.

Alli isn't something I would mess with personally (also would be impossible with my way of eating), but if it works for you and your doctor, it is no one else's business!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    left> beetle

right> tarantula
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Left- Ladybug
    Right- Cockroach

Am i crazy? :worried::wink:

I saw the cockroach too... It's those bent antennae. Hehe